Forum Fremdsprachen English English is easy?

English English is easy?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

Re: English is easy?
geschrieben von yoli
Dear Tina

Yes let’s just chat here as well as when we find something fitting to the theme.
Is not easy to have three children abroad I take it. Maybe you have even grandchildren?
I am lucky enough that my daughter moved to Switzerland. There I have two lovely granddaughters as well as having my daughter not far away.
I can understand that you are homesick for Australia. Perth and that area is just lovely. I had a good friend living in that area. Then a friend of mine lives in Mackay and a Half-Sister near Brisbane.
Tell me a bit about your life over there if you like.
Greetings Yo
Tina03
Tina03
Mitglied

geschrieben von Tina03
als Antwort auf yoli vom 07.07.2017, 12:55:55
Hi Yo,

Distances these days are not what they used to be. They had a far greater impact when only we lived in Australia from 1960 to 1972, while all our family were in Germany. Travelling was very expensive, and since it was not possible to simply dial an overseas number, a phone call to Germany meant 3 hrs. waiting time to be connected. Our parents coming on age was actually the reason we decided to return, although we loved Aussie life.

Moving to Germany was hard on our children though. They had been one an two years old when we migrated, Australia was therefore the only home they knew. One of my daughters never got over being homesick, which is why she finally returned when she retired. The only fly in the ointment is that her son decided to stay in Germany, although she had done her utmost to instil a bit of love of Australia in him also by spending several holidays in Australia and letting him spend a school year in Perth.

Two more of our kids, son (now living in New-Mexico) and daughter, followed love to live abroad. One of the children of our daughter, our granddaughter, fell in love with a German while working in a hospital in Munich, and now lives in Murnau with him. They already have a daughter – which makes us greatgreatparents – and are expecting a second child in November. So much for globalisation!

Now I would be very interested to learn a little about your life, also . . .

Regards
Tina
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Tina03 vom 09.07.2017, 15:32:51
HI Tina, just got back from a wek on the Danube. It was wonderful but I caught a bug and had to vomit etc. and am now a bit down. I love to write more later though in answer to your info. Take care
Love Yoli

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.07.2017, 11:01:10
Hello Tina

Now here it goes….my tummy is more or less settled but still a bit sensible. I have to be careful to what I eat.
I went to GB when I was 17 yrs. old. I was meaning to stay for a year and then move on to the USA. As things happen I realised that I would like to do my nursing training. I started that 18 months later having learned enough of the language to keep up with it.
So I was a student nurse for 3 years until I was able to call myself an SRN. I enjoyed being a student and carried on with 6 months heart and then a 1 year intensive training.
In between I married, had my first son at the age of 24 and my daughter at the age of 26. Sadly my husband died of pancreas cancer and I was left with the two kids and little money. That is when I decided to move back to Switzerland as I had a mother and brothers here.
My daughter loved it my son hated it. He lives in England again, could not wait to get back there.
My daughter lives in Basel has 2 girlies aged 10 and 7.
Of course I worked all my life as a nurse here in Switzerland as well.
Maybe if you like I tell you about the time when I decided to move back home again.
You have enough to read at the moment methinks
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.07.2017, 11:01:10
Hello Tina

Now here it goes….my tummy is more or less settled but still a bit sensible. I have to be careful of what I eat.
I went to GB when I was 17 yrs. old. I was meaning to stay for a year and then move on to the USA. As things happen I realised that I would like to do my nursing training. I started that 18 months later having learned enough of the language to keep up with it.
So I was a student nurse for 3 years until I was able to call myself an SRN. I enjoyed being a student and carried on with 6 months heart and then a 1 year intensive training.
In between I married, had my first son at the age of 24 and my daughter at the age of 26. Sadly my husband died of pancreas cancer and I was left with the two kids and little money. That is when I decided to move back to Switzerland as I had a mother and brothers here.
My daughter loved it my son hated it. He lives in England again, could not wait to get back there.
My daughter lives in Basel has 2 girlies aged 10 and 7.
Of course I worked all my life as a nurse here in Switzerland as well.
Maybe if you like I tell you about the time when I decided to move back home again.
You have enough to read at the moment methinks

Anzeige