Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

Songeur
Songeur
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von Songeur
als Antwort auf yoli vom 29.11.2019, 14:46:40

I'm Belgian, living in Belgium, in the french speaking walloon region.

I rarely use the english language but if I do, it's more or less about rugby only. I'm on a couple of rugby boards, most of them at home in Wales.

aixois
aixois
Mitglied

geschrieben von aixois
als Antwort auf yoli vom 28.11.2019, 20:07:10

Hi yoli -

I trust that you eventually managed  to get your pictures on the reply screen.

There is another gadget  I discovered not so long ago on how to copy anything (picture, photo ...) from the screen, i.e. you can take (snip) a photo from a selection from the screen as I did with the  little duck, and copy it whereever you want. It work under Windows 10 and depends on your keyboard.
If you are using Windows 10 version 1809, you can quickly snip your screen by pressing the keyboard shortcut Windows + Shift + S. (see below) The screen willget dark and there will be a cross to mark the area you want to cut out .You can choose to snip a rectangle, freeform or full screen. The screenshots will be saved to your clipboard.

Just try it - I find it funny. You see I did just now with the ST screen.
In ST you may have to type a few letters first, before you can use the copy (einfügen) command.

Good luck

axois

aixois
aixois
Mitglied

geschrieben von aixois
als Antwort auf Songeur vom 29.11.2019, 17:54:02

congratulations !

At last a Belgian - Charles Michel - succeeding, from next sunday, the Pole Donal Tusk as President of the European Council for the next five years ! He seems to have a real interest in pushing a bit more the European climate change policies and bring forward real actions - it's high time, good luck for him !

And Sophie Wilmès from Ixelles new prime minister but still only acting ! If I remember correctly, the last - quite long -  interim government period was quite well managed ... So let's hope for the best .
Finding a new coalition government is almost as tough as a good rugby game , isn't it  ?🏉

Anzeige

Songeur
Songeur
Mitglied

geschrieben von Songeur
als Antwort auf aixois vom 29.11.2019, 19:26:11
(1) If I remember correctly, the last - quite long -  interim government period was quite well managed ...

(2) Finding a new coalition government is almost as tough as a good rugby game , isn't it  ?🏉

(1) I agree, there were 540 days without a new gouvernment in the years 2010/2011

(2) In Belgium ? Yes !
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf aixois vom 29.11.2019, 19:09:07
Hi Axois
What a great Version to upload Pictures. I can't do it with windows 7 but my husband just tried it with his Version of windows10 version 1809. Wow so quickly! I will of course have to change to Windows10 after the end of Dec.
Thanks a lot and
take care
love Yoli
Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 28.11.2019, 20:05:43

Dear Yoli,

it is nice to hear from you. I was also going to write you on how to insert pictures, but – alas – I was too slow. As they say: It’s really easy once you know how! 😄

Your crèche is lovely. We had one when I was a child and we always set it up under the Christmas tree. I loved the animals in particular.

I am starting with my decorations today (nothing spectacular). Around mid December I will put up the Christmas tree. When the municipality closed all the collection points for old natural Christmas trees I bought an artificial one that really looks good. When you stick the two parts together you have a tree with a height of 1.60 m. It takes a good while to decorate it. This year I am only going to use the top part which is approx. 70 cm and place it on a sidetable. As the bottom end was too thin for the tree stand, I had to find a way to increase the thickness of the bottom end so that the tree would not be wobbly or topple over. Several cardboard cylinders used in toilet paper rolls did the trick. Still having my paintbox from schooldays, I painted the outer cylinder green. It looks good and the tree is stable. You can be stupid, you just have to know how to help yourself!

Last Easter a friend gave me floral arrangement in a kind of globe vase. I had the vase standing around knowing that one day I would know what to do with it. Now it has become a Christmas arrangement.

Wishing you a lovely advent Sunday,
Virginia

Weihnachtsgesteck+Adventskranz (2).JPG

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Songeur vom 29.11.2019, 17:54:02

Hi Jongeur
I am sure it is a great Hobby for you. I have watched Rugby once in a while whilst living in England.
So you would be travelling to Wales once in a while?
I have never been to Wales in all the 20 yrs,in the UK.
Take care
greetings Yoli

Songeur
Songeur
Mitglied

geschrieben von Songeur
als Antwort auf yoli vom 01.12.2019, 18:30:55

Well, Yoli, I've been travelling to England, Wales and other countries to watch rugby games. But that's some time ago (when I was younger 😉

These boards are good for discussing international rugby games like the world cup (the last one  ended just a month ago) or 6 Nations, Champions and Challenge Cups.

Nowadys I prefer watching the games on TV. Many of them on France 2 and 4, tf1 or even BBC one and two. However if I would travel to watch a rugby game in a stadium there's no doubt that I'd go to Paris to watch a match of Stade français Paris (if they stay in Top 14), Racing 92 or the french national team.

Or to Brussels, to watch the diables noirs, the belgium national rugby union team. 😊

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 01.12.2019, 10:59:35
Hi Virginia
I thought I would have more time before I go into the Hospital to indulge my Hobby writing.
Well because I am due to have a knee Operation on Wednesday I had to go to the Hospital today for various check-ups including the anaesthetists. Then Physio to learn how to walk on crutches and things like that. I was in the hospital from 9.30 am till 1pm just being informed and tell them 4 times my medical history.
I can only say…time passed quickly. Now tomorrow I may phone to learn when I have to go to the hospital on Wednesday to be operated on the same day.
After the OP I will love to write more here with you lovely people.
Just for now let me mention how ingenious you put your decorations together. I like it very much. Maybe you would post a picture of your Christmas tree as well.
We live in a block with 15 families.
It is interesting to see where there live folks who’s religion includes the birth of Jesus and who not by the decoration on the balconies.
Well dear Virgina have blessed advent time and we hear again later.
Take care
Love Yoli
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 29.11.2019, 17:10:54
Greetings Udo

just a few words because I am running out of time before going to the Hospital I always leave things to the last!
Your Crip figures are lovely and I know costly as well. But one buys them normally only once in a lifetime. That is the way of life mostly that families get smaller as time goes on Our children have their own children are will celebrate Christmas with the new families. Also in-laws!
It has become complicated to get all together at such a time. What we have done is choose a date well before the festive season and so we choose a restaurant to at least be together all of us once at this time of the year.
Udo I wish you and your family a blessed advent time and we hear again later.
Take care
Love Yoli

Anzeige