Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf CharlotteSusanne vom 01.01.2020, 16:07:01

Dear C.S. how nice to read you here. The list of to do sounds very much like the one I would have given my 2 children .Above all  the first page. Amusing!
I wish you a happy New Year as well CharlotteSusanne. Mays all your wishes come true.
Take care
Love Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Dear Friends
I wish you all a very happy New Year, Health and always a nice Person near you or in your thoughts.

Years come and years pass by. Most of them do not make a mark on the pasture of our lives. I wish that this New Year leaves happy footprints of memories in your heart that you can cherish for years to come.

(found in the internet , author unknown)

with love from Yoli

CharlotteSusanne
CharlotteSusanne
Mitglied

geschrieben von CharlotteSusanne
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.01.2020, 14:05:55

Dear, yoli,
yes, the list it`s very funny...........

Best wishes for you !

C.S.

Lein-Wand-Bild-Spruch-Das-Leben-ist-kein-Zuckerschlecken-Zitate.jpg

Anzeige

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.01.2020, 14:12:55

Dear Yoli,

The holidays are over. It was a bit difficult to develop Christmas feelings with the sunny Spring-like weather that we were having. And on December 26th I thought that I would have a fit if I heard one more Christmas song or jingle 😄.

But now life has returned to normal - the new decade has started. Yesterday I carried all Christmas decorations into the basement. I must say that I miss the tree and its warm lights that spread a cozy athmosphere.

How is your knee doing? Do you still have to use crutches?

Hope to hear from you!

Best
Virginia

fad4b75c8f8b25fe103c19dcdfbf62aa.gif

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 09.01.2020, 09:12:29

Hello dear Virginia
how nice to hear from you.
Yes normality has returned into our lives. We have put away our Christmas Things as well and started happily into the new year.
The 2020 is just a lovely arrangement of numbers. 
Today a lady I used to know in the nursing home where I was working has her 112 Birthday. I quickly went to visit her in the nursing home she is still since 1992. 28 years!!
She came early in her life because she wanted to be sunshine to the other people. She was that really!
Every day she came to my office with 2 -3 other ladies to ask for work.. I sent them to the kitchen, lingerie or organised a group of people who they could read to,... or go walking with them.
The first thing she said to me this morning was: “Sr. Yolanda, now I am too tired to work!” Bless her heart.
She is the oldest Lady here in Switzerland.
You asked about my knee Virginia.
Well as I have a strong will, I put the crutches in a corner 3 weeks after my OP. It was OK. I do my exercises and have been driving a car again a few days ago. The surgeon I visited yesterday said I should not exaggerate….hihi
How about you Virginia, how do you pass the all day?
I myself get easily bored if I have tno one around me. I have to learn to act according to my age.
I will try.
Take care
Love Yoli
xxx

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 11.01.2020, 11:07:41

Dear Yoli,

I had to laugh about your statement

I have to learn to act according to my age.

Does one really have to act according to one's age? And who defines age and acting accordingly?

I hope your knee is still making great progress and that you are not exaggerating 😉.

Normal life in 2020 has really commenced with a lot of hustle and bustle. I couldn't enjoy it asmuch as I would have liked to because it was too warm. I don't need snow, but in January I would prefer sunny, cold weather. Since yesterday, temperatures have dropped. So today was a sunny, frosty day. I really felt a whole lot better.

You asked, how I pass the day: Well, I'm in to several forums here in ST and they really keep me busy. And then I'm always doing something creative. Right now I'm starting with some small Easter themes.
What do you do all day?

The lady in the nursing home is really 112? That is a fantastic but also frightening age! From what you wrote, I deducted that you worked in said nursing home? Maybe you could write a little more about your experiences?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Virginia

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 21.01.2020, 13:55:30

Hallo Yoli and Virginia,
I like the expression "hustle-bustle" - it sounds like echoing the business it is referred to. How good to have both of you here in the thread - I want to learn of you - and you are both very interesting characters I think:
Yoli travelling a great deal of the year round South-Europe and North-Africa and Virginia being bilingual with lots of experience, American and German ones. Well, I will stick on both of you, if you don't mind.
So - Yoli -  I wish, that your knee will soon be able to support you in all your activities including driving your camper. And for Virginia's ST-hopping: I have prepared a blog about our weekend in Hamburg but cannot yet  publish it here because my fotos are too big. I hope to succeed soon in reducing them..

Bye bye  - Rosemarie

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 23.01.2020, 17:31:23

Hi Rosemarie,

What do you mean with

it sounds like echoing the business it is referred to.

Have you tried reducing the picture format with the program "Irfanview"?

Best
Virginia
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 21.01.2020, 13:55:30

Hello dear Virginia

we have been on Holiday until today...no internet!!
Love to read your answer and will get to it soon. Yes I do have some stories about my 24 years in the Nursing home and will gladly wrote down a few experiences.

Also about my everyday life. Maybe get some tips what to do not to get so easily bored  
Love Yo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 23.01.2020, 17:31:23
Dear Rose
yes lets stick together and just write..wie der Schnabel gewachsen ist or openly what comes into one's head: ..

I letVirgina show you how to adapt a picture as I have to go and unpack and wash after the holiday.Thank you both for your good wishes about the knee :-).

Anzeige