Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 15.05.2020, 23:35:55

Hello, Yoly,
it's a nice idea of yours to encourage everyone to join in this thread -  so even the less English-users can gain some profit  from the others. For me I can say that I check my word-power and the grammatic capability
every time when joining in here.
I, too  hope that many join us - thank you for your initiative! Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Karl vom 14.05.2020, 12:35:47

Hi Karl, you have done me a great favour! I do like this chap and there are some great scetches. Lovely to be able to open one just when one wants to.
Bless you
Yo

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf hellchen vom 14.05.2020, 12:09:33
59143c2ddd417fcd589181ab220f42cb.gif
Hi @hellchen,

Who cares about perfection, it's the message that counts!

This thread is not sleeping! I would say it's a sporadic thread: Sometimes it's quiet for a while and then quite a few members all write at the same time.

Would love to hear more about you 🌸.

Have a nice weekend,
Virginia

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 16.05.2020, 11:04:48

Dear Rosemary, we know each other quite a while now and I am Always pleased to read you.Yes please .. do just write some words to anyone who Posts here. I am sure it dies not mean that we have conversation one to one.
I was just about getting weary just being on my own here.
😘
Take care all of you
Love Yo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 11.05.2020, 23:22:08

Hallo dear Rosemary
yes it is always the same. When someone has gone one realises that we wanted to say this and do that and would love to have some more time with them. But to be sure..almost everyone has some regrets in one way or an other when someone has died.,
That is normal.Just think of all the pleasure you have given them whilst alive!
Have agood day
Love Yo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 11.05.2020, 20:42:20

Dear Udo
I just imagine your brave mother fighting her way through all the bad years in the war.
I can just feel the love and respect you have for your mother now and of course when she was still alive.
To be honest .. I am not at all sure if I wrote those words in the Mothersday Card.
I have written lots of Poems and some of them I notice I must have pinched lines from other Writers because I have read so many poems.
I am glad though it honoured Mothers.
I was born in 1942. We were a family of many children and parents who were overwhelmed with all of it.
So I, as an only girl was put into a home and my youngest brother as well.
We all had to see what we do after school. I just about got away with becoming a Nun, as it was a catholic home with nuns.
I went to England and stayed there many years. My little brother went to the Monastery and became a Priest.
All well, we are happy people just as you are as well.
Take care
love Yo

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 08.05.2020, 15:47:03

Dear Virginia
What a lovely answer I became from you. There is so much in it that I Keep reading it. I have a lot of questions, am not sure if it is not too personal for you to answer here.
You have had lots of tests! Are you not feeling well?
The state of mind! Yes, either it helps to push one forwards or holds one back.
I know about that well.                                   
To be honest I am not sure what memes are? My daughter had an idea but was not very informative…*g*
Your tree looks good. See, you have talent for gardening.
Now the Eisheiligen are over it can start to be warmer.
Yes we have booked 2 weeks with Airbnb in Ticino. The flat is in a little village and we hope to be able to do some nice waking in the Maggia Valley. Mind you we have to wait some more days until the 27th of June.
I’m busy doing nothing ….
I love this song and did not know who sang it. Thank you for the Info.
Hope to read you soon again and great for answering Hellchen.. that is my idea really
Take care
Love Yo

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42

These days I find indiscribeably weary and so I called friends of ours to come to our house and - they felt the same and were glad to come. So I prepared our terrace with the big table and two benches, put the large awning over everything - sun was shining brightly - and made two big pots of coffee with some fine cake from our confectioner. They arrived with their hands on their backs - for not being tempted to touch anybody. Of course we laughed, but took it serious. And so we had a wonderful afternoon exchanging experiences and a lot of fun.
I definitely feel better now - and my husband, too.
Wish you all a nice easy-going evening!  Love from Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 17.05.2020, 19:16:21

Dear Rosemarie, we have the same feelings Emil (my Husband) and I. We just had enough of the isolation. We have been to Friends...sitting in the garden and keeping our distances.
I have started to make arrangements again. Emil call’s me his Terminator! I arrange our social dates.
 I myself would have almost every day somewhere to go, but Emil prefers it more quiet. We find a middle way.
Take care all of you and please come and tell something. It is so lonely without you all :-)

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Hello Yoli and Friends.

Summer is near, so in this part of the northern hemisphere nights with hours of real darkness are short. Last evening at ten there was still enough daylight to see the beauty of our garden, although the lilac flowers are withering quickly now. In the morning, when I woke up for the first time at four, I could see a bit of light in the eastern sky already. Twilight. It soon became brighter. At five I became a little unrestful, and at half past I got up and decided to drive to lake Methorst to enjoy the sound of hundreds of little frogs. What a concert. The mosquitoes were dancing in the early morning sunshine. Hundreds of geese were flocking together on the water, not being able to fly because now is moulting season, they had lost wing feathers and were waiting for new ones to grow. 

So many birds were singing. For a long time I watched the swan on her nest hoping she would stand up for a moment so I had a chance to count the eggs. Eventually she did. There were six probably hatching sometime next week. I could watch several squirrels. I really was very happy. I even skipped breakfast with my wife. When I came back home, almost at noon, she was waiting for me with a lovely lunch of asparagus, buttered potatoes and ham. 

Did you also have such a wonderful morning? What is your schedule for this pentecostal Sunday and Monday?

Enjoy life.

DSCN5106 (1).JPGjacaré/Udo

Anzeige