Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli

I need your help to Keep the English Thread going I feel sort of lonely writing here on my own
(Udo, I will write an answer to your  insert soon. Lots of thanks to you)
Maybe it is my fault because I write an answer to the writer personally and hope that someone else will join us.
At any rate, take care and look after yourselves
Love Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 30.05.2020, 18:44:27

Hello @jacare4,
What a wonderful day you had ! Just a bit of paradise. Thanks for telling us -
I wonder where this Methorst-lake can be, would you tell us, please?
Have a pleasant rest-Sunday - same to Yoli!
greetings from Rosemarie 

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 07.06.2020, 16:56:55
Dear Rosemarie, Lake Methorst is situated not far from Emkendorf, which is a kind of rural manor house with beautiful surroundings. It is a very nice place in the middle of Schleswig-Holstein. In former times poets and fine ladies assembled there to discuss romantic and other feelings.One of the buildings there. a nice house, was inhabited by the famous Mathias Claudius, and he is said to have had the inspiration for the lyrics of "Der Mond ist aufgegangen." 

Lake Methorst is not a big lake, maybe it should be called a manmade pond. It was made to provide the owner family of the manor house and guests with carp for bigger festivities. Now it is full of frogs, geese, swans and other fowl. Last year at the end of June, the water was low, because of a broken outlet, so the plant named Blutweiderich in German, could grow very densely in the shallow water and show its pink flowers. Do you like the pictures?

DSCN7793.JPG
DSCN7784.JPG
How did you spend the weekend? My wife and I went to Hildesheim and to Celle to meet our sons and daughters-in-law.

Greetings. Udo

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 08.06.2020, 19:15:54

Hello Udo,
These fotos are very nice and I like this pink of those plants. I don't think, I've ever seen them anywhere. And it's a smart Idea with the dark shadow on the bright, sunny field. Maybe the "Blutweiderich" flourishes well in a swampy ground. Anyway, you surely feel relaxed there.
Our weekend was nothing special -  my children are busy with home-business and meet their friends on weekend. So the two of us stay alone, ramble a bit and just enjoyed idleness.
Have a good time!  greetings from Rosemarie

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.05.2020, 12:10:17

@yoli

Dear Yoli,

I know I’m late in writing – mea culpa 😣. At first, there was a lot to do. The last room in my flat had to be painted this year. Moving everything out and then back in again was quite strenous. Every bone in my body hurt!!! But now my whole flat is done. It was a quick decision to do it before temperatures go up. I had just finished everything when it started to rain. We are in the third rainy week. There was only one sunny day, temperatures went up to 26 °C. In the evening we had a thunder storm and temepratures dropped to 20 °C and it has been raining since. Today it stopped (at least for a while)and I rushed to get all my shopping done, because it’s supposed to start raining again 😒. All this gloomy weather is really getting to me. Do you know those days when you have a lot to do, but you just can’t bring yourself to do all the things that you should? I really welcomed every phonecall, email or whatever that kept me away from all the tedious chores!

You asked me what a „Meme“ is. This is the Wikipedia explanation:

Meme - Kulturphänomen
Unter dem Begriff Meme werden verschiedene Manifestierungen eines Kulturphänomens zusammengefasst, das sich durch das Verbreiten kleiner Medieninhalte mit einer meist humoristischen, aufheiternden oder manchmal auch satirischen und entsprechend gesellschaftskritischen Aussage kennzeichnet.

I’ll add one at the end. It’s time-consuming, but it’s a lot of fun and definitely keeps those little „gray cells“ working 😄.

A friend grows tomatoes from seeds each year and then he gives me 4 plants. I have two huge pots on my balcony, each with two tomato plants. They need sun now to grow! In the last 3 years I always had so many tomatoes, that I gave a lot to my neighbors. I practically lived on tomatoes  till the end of October 😂 (raw tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, tomato salads … - you name it, I did it).

Are you still going to Ticino? I hope you will post some pictures!

Now that the restrictions are loosening up, I am looking forward to the visits of former colleagues. Like all other people, we only kept in touch with phonecalls and now I will be very happy to have them here in vivo.

Hope to hear from you before you leave to Ticino –

Love
Virginia

Immer-nach-Sternen-greifen.JPG

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Hello and greetings to you dear Dears :-) above all Rosemarie Udo and Virginia
I have one more week before we go to Ticino. I will write and tell you what is going on in my busy life
(busy....my fault)

I can’t bear to have a day go by without some plans. It nerves my dearest husband Emil, but I have been that way when he married me!
He always aid he looks forward when I get quieter. Maybe when I am older! Cheers I am 78 soon so how old does he want be to be. All jokes! Don’t worry. Lucky enough that Emil is a few years younger that I
Till very soon, take care all of you
Love Yoli

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.06.2020, 21:04:50

Hello Yoli,
I'm amused at your remark, what nerves your husband. It's just the same with me. My husband is sort of a
steady character, and he has abandoned hope that I will calm down, when being older. And I am very grateful to him, that he  accepts my restlessness. 
I wonder, where you are now, because Ticino is Tessin as far as I know. Isn't that, where you are at home?
Have you been travelling during the past Corona-weeks? Hope, you are safe.
Dear Yoli, couldn't you sometimes sprinkle your reports with some nice fotos of your Tessin? I loved to be there years ago - it's such a beautiful country!
Have a good time 
Love from Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Ticino, what a wonderful lovely sound, when you pronounce the name of that beautiful area in southern Switzerland. Sometimes on TV I can enjoy watching reports about Ticino, its lakes, sun-bathed cities, villages, Mediterranean plants and animals. I remember, when I was younger I took my family there for a camping holiday..But that´s really long long ago.

Why not visit Ticino again? However, Ticino is far away. Going there by car  means bout 1500 kilometers´ driving. I am sorry to admit, I doubt I can still do that. Maybe with two or three stops at interesting places and spending the nights at nice hotels. Maybe after the corona restrictions bus companies will offer excursions to take tourists to the most beautiful spots in Ticino, with no worries for the passengers where to stay, where to dine, what to do, and what to look at.

jacaré4/Udo
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Hello you lovely people

How nice of you all to partake here as well.
My mother came from the southern part of Switzerland. She was a Ticinese all her life.
Temperament and also the wy she looked. Black curly hair…smile black till she died thanks to artificial things.

On the day were are leaving Zurich to go there is just my birthday. I will be 78 years young…smile
We will visit a restaurant on the way to have our midday lunch
Have a look here
https://www.pouletburg.ch/
We will get chicken in a sauce and eat with our hands..hihihi

Our flat we rented is in the Centovalle.  There is a song written for every valley. Emil and I were many years in the swiss Italian dialect choir here in Zurich.
On the day were are leaving Zurich to go there is just my birthday. I will be 78 years young…smile
Have a look here
We will probably arrive in Ticino around 4 pm. Our flat rented through Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.ch/rooms/18219352?location=Ticino%2C%20Switzerland&adults=2&source_impression_id=p3_1589460888_NLIvt%2BThHSqxhSjE&guests=2&check_in=2020-06-27&check_out=2020-07-11#neighborhood
a lot to see!
Well I better close now. I should get some things packed now. Unfortunately I always leave that to the last moment. Emilio does not like it very much and gets nervous.
I am not sure if I an have a look into here. But on my retiurn I will post some photos from Tessin..promise xxx
Take care you dear People
love Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 24.06.2020, 19:35:48
Hi Yoliy, I'm looking forward to surprising Fotos! Have a good time!
love from Rosemarie

Hello you lovely people

How nice of you all to partake here as well.
My mother came from the southern part of Switzerland. She was a Ticinese all her life.
Temperament and also the wy she looked. Black curly hair…smile black till she died thanks to artificial things.

Have a look here

Our flat we rented is in the Centovalle.  There is a song written for every valley. Emil and I were many years in the swiss Italian dialect choir here in Zurich.
Have a look here
We will probably arrive in Ticino around 4 pm. Our flat rented through Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.ch/rooms/18219352?location=Ticino%2C%20Switzerland&adults=2&source_impression_id=p3_1589460888_NLIvt%2BThHSqxhSjE&guests=2&check_in=2020-06-27&check_out=2020-07-11#neighborhood
a lot to see!
Well I better close now. I should get some things packed now. Unfortunately I always leave that to the last moment. Emilio does not like it very much and gets nervous.
I am not sure if I an have a look into here. But on my retiurn I will post some photos from Tessin..promise xxx
Take care you dear People
love Yoli

geschrieben von yoli

Anzeige