Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Globetrotter vom 24.07.2020, 17:41:03

Hi Globetrotter

I had to smile..at your sentence I had to give up,, Same here because  for  9 years already my husband and I travel with the camper around. ….well not the world, but around quite a bit.
To be honest my Spanish is sort of sleeping same where in my head. I don't find the switch easy enough.. haha
As  we have a few of us who would partake in the Spanish part ...why not.
Let us not neglect the English part of it as I enjoy writing and telling in this language.

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 26.07.2020, 09:02:48

Hola Jacaré

What a story. I can imagine your family doing such a brave thing back in the year of 1953! Such a courageous woman your Mother. I have visited some of the places you mentioned. Spain is still a beautiful country but there are so many people on the way with campers! It gets crowded in the camp sides... We go mostly in October!
But there are a lot of others as well. One would not believe that there are so many Pensioners on the road.
Have you used Spanish on other occasions?
I learned it over 5 years as I was in England. I was able to write the language quite well. Now I use it only on holidays. A lot of shopkeepers want to show us their English.
Nowadays I wish I had kept that language in use.
Take care and please tell us more about your garden and surroundings. You have such a lively way to write.
take care
Love Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Hello All
I don't know how you are passing the days. We are mostly staying at home as the T. outside is 34 °
We have been shopping in a fruit and vegetable shop who sells really fresh things. Folks are there without masks as it is not obligatory in Switzerland yet. We always put one on as it is our security.
As we have air-conditioning in the flat we are comfortable.  Albeit we do not move around enough to say we are “active”
You folks with gardens have a lot to do to water the poor plants I take it?
Well whatever take care stay safe
Love Yoli

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Hello Yoli,

Saturday last week was the most beautiful day so far . Blue sky, a light breeze, so we decided to go to the seaside, to the lovely town of Eckernförde. Our youngest daughter and our youngest granddaughter had come on a weekend visit from Berlin. We had breakfast rather early, so we started our trip immediately after and arrived shortly after nine. The big parking was still completely empty. The air was clean, the temperature nice and warm, the beach lovely, the sand  was soft and gave a wonderful feeling to our bare feet. The sun made a wide sparkling line on the surface of the Baltic Sea. We enjoyed walking along the seaside promenade with very few other people present. We stopped at the popular sweets factory to buy some bags of goodies for friends. Among  the market stands we found one selling big violet artichoke flowers. Couldn´t resist. Later we had lunch at a good Chinese restaurant. When we came back t to our car, the parking was completely full . So we made another family happy when we left. 

jacaré4

DSCN1696.JPG

DSCN1734.JPG

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 03.08.2020, 10:05:43

Hallo Udo,
sounds like a very peaceful and relaxed weekend. I imagine that situation - the wide and calm ocean, the sun above and feeling the warm sand underneath bare feet and: together with the beloved children - all this is like heaven!
Enjoy a good week now remembering a wonderful weekend!
Greeings from Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

How great for you to be able to go to the seaside in a more or less short time. We have our lakes here. For example, our Katzensee.
A little lake beautifully hidden in woods. Even so lots of people find it and go bathing there. IT is K to go for a short swim and go home again as there our crowds of folks even though it is corona time.
We go for a bike tour today. Not far just 1 -2 hrs. That is lovely as we see not too many people and can stop and have a walk when it suits us.
Take care all of you and let us know how you are doing.
Love Yoli

Anzeige

Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Mitglied

geschrieben von Globetrotter

hello @all
the weather is lovely, my oldest daughter is back from her trip to Hungary and will come over with her family for a small BBQ later. I really look forward seeing my youngest granddaughter again, my flowers and bushes most probably not.
Have a great Saturday

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Globetrotter vom 08.08.2020, 11:39:15

Hi Yoli,
being Swiss you can possibly help me herewith:
From a trip long ago I rememger the Brienzer See as a lovely place. And I - too - remember it being pronounced as Bri-enzer See. Now my granson has been invited by a Swiss familiy for a fortnight's hliday to their chalet at this lake. And he claims that the Swiss pronounce it like Br(ie)nzer See like the German "Prinz". I just can't believe it; maybe it's just a sloppy talking?
 Looking forward to your answer - Rosemarie

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf Munro vom 12.07.2020, 20:35:16

Hello to you all, 

I’m new here and so delighted to find a thread in english. My big thanks to you, Yoli, for having this good idea.

I originally come from Scotland but spent most of my life in Germany. My heart will always be in the highlands, I’m homesick at least once a year and during corona a lot more. 

so, I hope you all have a sunny day and I’m looking forward to reading more about us all. 

Susan ☀️

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 17.08.2020, 08:24:48

Hello Susan,
how lovely to have a Scottish girl around here! So we can learn about your homeland. Many people know the Highlands from a holyday and are very fond of  them.
As a young girl I used to stay  "au pair" in Gloucester, visiting school and the International Friendship League. So I met many people from all over Europe. One of my friends went to Scotland hitch-hiking and wanted me to join her.  But my host-family was quite mean and didn't let me go.
With my husband I visited England several times and in August 2018 we visited the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh  and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed just for a few days to see the performance and a bit of the town with its fringe festival. And it was great! All the nice and cheerful people showing up in costumes , performing magic and playing music.

We surely were very impressed of the games and will never forget!
P1030428.JPG

Anzeige