Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 17.08.2020, 18:16:15

Dear Rosemarie, 

thanks for you’re warm-hearted words. 

Its a bit funny at some times because I’ve spent the most of my life in Germany thinking that I feel like a German girl. But getting older I’ve started to live in both worlds and realized what it’s means to have had the chance to grow up in 2 really different ways of living. 

I’d love to tell you more about the beautiful highlands and the wonderful people that live there. 

It’s great that you’ve visited the military tattoo in Edinburgh, I’ll never seen it live although I’ve visited the city a few times.

See you

Susan 😊

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 17.08.2020, 08:24:48
Hallo Susan,
Welcome in this Thread!

And thank you for your ❤️ for my cycling trip to Cornwall so many years ago.

You will smile if I tell you that, as a German, I have now lived in ‘Kernow’ for
over 50 years and have not regretted it. But ‘home is home’. I usually return
3 or 4 times a year....  I know what you mean about the present situation. 

So keep going!! Enjoy the new week and the new friends you may find on this site.
LG,
Lerge
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf Lerge vom 17.08.2020, 20:49:05

Hello Lerge, 

thanks, it’s good to read that I’m not the only one that feels that way. 

It's been over 14 years ago that my husband and and I visited Cornwall. It was a lovely and interesting journey, especially for my husband. He said that Cornwall reminded him a bit of Scotland. 

Well, enjoy you’re week too and we’ll be in touch.

LG 
Susan 

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 08.08.2020, 14:00:19

Greetings dear Rosemary
yes  
Brienzersee is correct
Pronouncement on the ie
What a lucky boy to be able to be invited there.
It truly is a lovely area.
I hope the weather is good for his stay
Take care yourself

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Sunny hello to @all
how lovely to see that there has been a lot of conversation here.
Nice to greet Susan und Lerge und Globetrotter whose daughter is back from Hungary.
Rosemary and I know each other already a long time.
Susan and Lerge, even though I have been only 20 years in England it is like my home. I have experienced so much there I grew up to be a woman in those years , did my nurses training in Boscombe (Bournemouth) married had children, lost my husband and finally I returned to the place where I still had my 5 Brothers and my Mother.
To be honest, financially I did well but as a “foreigner” in once own country I had a long time to feel at home again. For the Swiss I remained the English lady..
If you feel like it please tell us a bit of yourself.

Today we got our Camper ready to go somewhere in a week time. We wait to see where we shall go because of the Covid19
Take care all of you
Love Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 19.08.2020, 22:03:24

Hi Yoli,
I do hope for you, that you will find a lovely, but safe region to go.
My girlfriend with her husband is leaving for Toscana tomorrow in spite of Covid 19.. They have a big estate with 100 Olive-trees there and a beautiful little house - just for their accomodation while working in their  plantation. It seems to be a lot of work five times a year - each time a 3-weeks-stay. But by the way they can go to the beach for bathing and relaxing.
But honestly: I wouldn't like this sort of two households - although it is beautiful there. We prefer to take a room in a hotel and leave all the household at home. And similarly to your practice, we want to learn different  places and people in every holiday. Life can be so interesting!
Now I'm eager to see, where you will go next; please, let us know and have a pleasant time, wherever!
Love from Rosemarie

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 19.08.2020, 22:48:23

Dear Rosemary
Now one month later I can tell you...yes, we found a nice place directly in Switzerland. We were so close to the lake that we had lots of ducks visit us. The water was cold, so I personally thought. Around 20°. There were some people from Holland. They found the water OK. There you go. Personal feelings!
We have the camper still packed and aim to go a few days here and there.
It is a shame that we could not go with friends who went to the Ostsee. They had such a lovely time. Maye another time.

Anybody else likes to tell us something?

Take care dear Rose

Love Yoli

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.09.2020, 17:50:47

Hi @yoli,
Yes, I can tell you something:
I have never been so sick and tired of Britain as at the present time. The "Bo-Jo"- government is as 'un-British' as possible.
My mother, who spent time in Britain as a student in the 1930ies, returned there for the first time after the war in 1951. When she came back home, we wanted to know what 'England' was like, having just started learning English at school. I have never forgotten her reply. Taking a deeeep breath, and closing her eyes, she eventually said: "In England you can BREATHE !" Things have certainly changed in these last few years, and the whole Brexit-bedlam has not helped. 

And now I look forward to an enjoyable drop of Pfälzer Wein ..."
Yeghes da!" say the Cornish.

LG Lerge

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Lerge vom 16.09.2020, 22:29:09

Hi Lerge
had to think about your words above. The truth is, I have not been back to England in a few years. I do have some friends there still who seem to love living in the country about the same as I am. They must somehow expect a lot of Boris still.
But the comment your mother gave you those years ago is true. You can breathe in England.
When I came back to live in Switzerland all those years ago I hated it. Every second someone said to me.. you may not do that, that is forbidden, don’t stop here and all things like that. I thought the Swiss are all private policemen and women.
In time I swallowed it all and after a while as Switzerland filed up with People from other countries it changed.
TO be honest Lerge, I leaved in the southwest of GB. There the folks are different I felt and still feel.
Take care
Love Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

how about an other version of English?

Tok Pisin
Tok Pisin, also known as Melenesian Pidgin English, is the most commonly spoken language in Papua New Guinea and surrounding islands. A blend of English, German, and local roots, the language is increasingly becoming more of a creole in some places, as native dialects continue to die out.

Papa bilong mipela, yu stap long heven,
Mekim nem bilong yu i kmap holi.
Mekim Kingdom bilong yu i kam.
Strongim mipela long bihainam laik bilong yu long graun olseam ol i bihainim long heven tu.
Nau yu ken givim mipela kaikai inap long dispela de.
Na yu lusim ol rong bilong mipela,
olsem mipela i lusim ol rong ol man i mekim long mipela.
Na yu no bringim mipela long traim,
tasol tekewe mipela long samting nogut.
Kingdom na strong na biknem i bilong yu tasol oltaim.
Tru.
mauler's transliteration:
Father of us, who stops in heaven.
Make your name come up holy.
Make your Kindome come.
Make us strong in following your likes on ground and also following all of them in heaven too.
Now give us bread enough this day.
Now lose them all wrongs of ours,
And also we will lose them all wrongs that all men make on us.
Don't bring upon us trials,
And take away from us something no good.
Kingdom and strength and big name are yours all times.
Amen.

Sources:
Hawaiian Pidgin - http://www.booklineshawaii.com/BOOK/BSP/978217.html
Tok Pisin - http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/JPN-pisin.html
Kamtok - http://oplnk.net/~ajackson/efm_class/c2-17.rtf
Gullah - http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/JPN-gullah.html

Anzeige