Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli

You can master many languages, but if you can't undertstand someones silence, you fail.
Suri Singh

true words, what do you think?

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 23.02.2021, 12:55:32

Of course, that is ever so true!  Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 23.02.2021, 12:55:32
@Yoli

Hello, dear Yoli, is Sun Singh one of your distant acquaintances? He seems to be a wise man, probably with a curious turban on his head and with an enormous beard in the lower parts of his face. 

Have you tried to understand what he means when he mentions meaningful silences?

When I was driving through Death Valley,and stopped in a desertic area in the deepest part, we got out and walked for a while.There was no noise, no sound of any bird, no whisper of wind, no singing of a cricket, absolute silence. Even so the silence appeared to be  extraordinarily loud. Words spoken at the lowest level could be heard over a long distance. However this phenomenon is probably not what Sun Singh wanted to impart-

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 23.02.2021, 16:00:26

Dear Jacare,
this must be a very impressive atmosphere, almost alarming ! On the other hand - I think - you feel yourself as well as your surrounding especially intensive. Your wrote: extraordinarily loud! That's what I mean.
Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Absolut silence! I thought it meant sort of unspoken words but signs in the opposite that are unmistakable.
Rejection, acceptance, things like that. If I say something and the opposite just says nothing I can make a conclusion of what he thinks.
But that about no sound!
Yes! We had it in Australia once, near the Uhuru stone at night. The stars so near you could almost touch them and no sound. Yes, it makes you whisper.
I cannot find the chap I quoted. But I think he is a poet I heard one time.

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 23.02.2021, 22:26:34
@rose42

Dear Rosemarie, silence can be something wonderful. If you want to enjoy a festive meal to celebrate a special birthday, e.g. the sixtieth, seventieth, eightieth, you want everybody sitting aroound the table to be happy, and this is shown in vivid chatter and , klinking of glasses and toasts.What a desaster if there is silence. But if you walk in the forest and you wanr to immerge deeply in your thoughts, you probably will be disturbed when a group a joyful wanderers passes by making noises no end, not taking any notice of the sounds of nature. 

Silence between intimate partners or friends is a very special silence. No words need to be spoken, sitting together, walking together, listening together to music both love, watching  the sun rising or setting, reading side by side, etc. 

But if is terrible, if after a row friends, partners, family members  keep an angry silence and refuse reconciliation. 

Silences can be so different. 

Udo

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 24.02.2021, 16:29:42

Dear jacare4,
you found the appropriate description of  very private, precious moments. You can keep it in your memory to recollect later in less happy moments.
Have a tood time - so long - Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 24.02.2021, 17:46:12
Dear Rosemarie, 

Winter apparently is over. Gardens and parks are full of early spring flowers. Yesterday there was lovely sunshine inviting me to do some gardening. I spent two hours on this job. My wife came to watch me and to enjoy the snowdrops and crocuses. There was even a bee busy collecting nectar and pollen. 

What are your activities in these days?

jacaré4/Udo

DSCN3612.JPG

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 04.03.2021, 10:06:58

Dear Jacare,
my activities are less pleasant than yours:  I have to collect lots of documents for the tax office - that's the job I really hate.
But this weekende I intend to go for a walk in the next parc, stroll along the river and watch the squirrels and birds gathering material for nests. This will just be  relaxing.
Rosemarie

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
I had a stressed two weeks, it started with a preventive examination, I hat it  to visite a doctor, in this case two times ,  but all test are ok, a good feeling 😉
The second, was the yearly technical test with my car in belgium , I took this year a meeting at 07:20, all ok.
We rented an apartment, the tenant has canceled three months ago the rental contract.
Last Saturday was the  day for handing over the keys for the next one.
The next days from this week ar now reserved for my sick dog Lupa.  😉
Phil.

Anzeige