Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 30.04.2021, 07:15:51

Hi Udo !
As a Pensioner, I dont have much plans. Since my wife is much younger then I am and still has to work, I'm doing the shopping and the cooking. So in the morning I was doing the weekend-shopping at my favorit -discounter. After that I did a 9 km -walking- workout  in the pouring rain which I very much enjoyed. Then I had lunch and my after-lunch-nap. Can you say so?  In the evening I'm going to watch football, cupmatch Bremen against Leipzig. I like watching football very much.
I'm very glad you keep this english-shread going, thank you very much.
Kind regards
Manfred

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 30.04.2021, 15:18:40

Hello Manfred,
Although Leipzig is a very good soccer-team I'm not going to watch it together with my husband - he surely will. At soccer-time I often go upstairs and have a good time with some music. 
So - have a good time in front of your TV and don't forget: It is "Freinacht", in other places called "Walpurgisnacht", when young boys and girls play tricks on their neighbours.. I've told about this custom a minute ago in another thread, calles 'Kleine Kneipe'.
Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 30.04.2021, 18:28:47
@rose42  @Murgtäler

Dear Rosemarie and Manfred, 

We watched the match Werder Bremen versus RB Leipzig from the beginning to the end. Rosemarie, you really missed a very exciting soccer match. My wife and I kept crossed fingers for the ambitiously fighting Werder Bremen team. Of course, the Leipzig players were the favourites, however up to the very end, after regular time and prolongation, i.e. after 120 minutes, we did not know whether the winners would be Leipzig or Bremen. So exciting. We, and probably everybody else, were expecting a penalty shooting. The players of both teams seemed completely exhausted. We admired how they had been abe to run and fight for such a long time, almost two hours.

Then after two times fifteen minutes of prolongtion, an extra time of two minutes was added. Then it happened. At the end of the 122nd minute, really in the very lasr second, the Leipzig team scored again, thus finishing the match 2:1 My wifw and I were disappointed. Our crossed fingers hadn´t done the trick. 

It was after 11 o´clock, that we could go to bed. Hopefully Kiel will be luckier playing versus Dortmund this evening. 

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 30.04.2021, 18:28:47

Hi Rose !
When I was young-a very long time ago-I used to play tricks with my friends "in der Mainacht" as well. We removed windowshutters and did hide them and things like that.
Leipzig won the cup-match 2 : 1 and is playing the cup-final.
Have a nice day. Manfred

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 01.05.2021, 09:59:33

Dear Manfred and all of the English-comunity,
The match seemed to be a real excitement - my husband also said. But:

At the same time I watched on 3SAT "Nacht über Berlin"  with Jan Josef Liefers and Anna Loos; both of them acting brilliantly. The whole film was so exciting for me that I had to join my husband in the end of the soccer in order to relax. Otherwise I was sure not to find a minute for sleep.
My husband promised to watch the  copy on Mediathek - and I will  advise my grown-up children to do so as well. They are too far off the 'Dritte Reich', so they have no idea how every-day-life was for normal people in 1933 when tat sheer madness started.
The film was excelently made and acted. I would recommend it to everybody.
Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 01.05.2021, 10:29:24
@rose42

Dear Rosemarie, 

You wrote:

The film was excelently made and acted. I would recommend it to everybody.
Rosemarie

Is this why you recommend it ? Or do you recommend it because the effect of the film´s contents is too strong, almost too much to bear? 

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 30.04.2021, 07:15:51

Good morning Udo,

I’m sorry, I didn’t have much time in the past days. My friend has a dog since yesterday and I’m helping him to getting her used to living with him/us. 

That’s a lot of work but it’s worth it. 

She’s such a beautiful dog “girl”. 

Have a sunny Sunday. 

Susan 

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 02.05.2021, 09:59:31

And where is the foto of that dog/girl ?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings to you all!
For the first time I have been getting a line here in the southern part of Switzerland.
Just letting you know, it has been cold and rainy.  Today a little bit of sun and for tomorrow it will be nice. I send you my love. I will be properly back home in 3 days.
Take care all of you.
Love Yoli

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.05.2021, 19:18:22
Hello Yoli, 

Haven´t you got heating in your camper, or at least some blankets to keep from the cold?
Anyway enjoy the last days at the lakeside knowing that we are missing your contributions here at the ST.

Love. Udo

Anzeige