Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 19.03.2020, 20:39:01

Maybe someone would like to read the above words.. I sing it once in a while whilst..dong nothing :-)

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf yoli vom 19.03.2020, 20:39:01

you know what? Whenever I try to sing it, I fall into the little song of the good fairy from Cinderella ...lol

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 13.04.2020, 16:25:08

ahh sweet, there are similarities in the tune. Such lovely pictures there as well

Anzeige

EnglishStudent
EnglishStudent
Mitglied

geschrieben von EnglishStudent

Hello everyone,

my name is Antonia and I am an English student at the University of Mannheim, I am probably a litte too young for this chatroom, but I desparately need your help.

In order to be able to finish my Master's degree in English Language and Communications, I have to conduct a small study. My topic is bilingual language processing in advanced age (in German: Erfahrung und Sprachgebrauch). With my study I want to investigate if and what influences the use of two (or more) languages has on the brain in combination with ageing.

Therefore, I need you. I will copy a link to my study below, so everyone who is interested can take part. It ony takes about 35 minutes and consists of several smaller tasks to be cmpleted in English. However, you don't need any highly developed English skills, just having a basic English knowledge is enough to take part.

https://www.phil.uni-mannheim.de/anglistik/abteilungen/anglistik-i/forschung/ma-eye-lab-a-i/aktuelle-studie/

The link above will lead you to the website of the University of Mannheim. There, you will receive further information and can go straight to the experiment.

In participating, you don't just help me, but the whole scientifical world in times of Corona. Lab experiments and other forms of research are extremely difficult in current times, so online studies are the only remaining choice that's safe your everyone.

I wish you all the best and stay safe!
Antonia

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf EnglishStudent vom 04.05.2020, 10:20:47

Dear Antonia

I wish you luck with your Project. Sadly here in this part of the forum it has become very quiet.
Maybe you should have asked the owner of this forum for permission. His name is Karl and of course he speaks excellent English.
All the very best and take care.
love Yo

EnglishStudent
EnglishStudent
Mitglied

als Antwort auf yoli vom 05.05.2020, 22:45:00

Dear Yo,

thank you for your message and the information. I need at least 10 more participants, so I will definitely do that.

All teh best,
Antonia

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf EnglishStudent vom 06.05.2020, 08:51:18
Dear Antonia, 
I have already helped the "whole scientific world" as you claim, through participating in your project. I have done my very best reacting as fast as possible when asked to do so. I wonder what an old man like me can contribute to scientific research.in "times of corona". 

I really wish you good luck and have fun when you start evaluating the answers. 

jacaré4
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 06.05.2020, 09:03:33
so did I. It is not too bad so please help Antonia if you can.
Good luck :-)
EnglishStudent
EnglishStudent
Mitglied

als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 06.05.2020, 09:03:33

Dear jacaré4

thank you very much!

I know that it's a strong claim to say that participating in my experiment would help the whole scientific world, but it certainly is a big step towards digital research. I actually planned to conduct a laboratory story, which now with corona does not work anymore. That's why I chose that claim.

Again, thank you very much for participating :)

All the best
Antonia

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Hello Yoli, 

How strict are restrictions in Switzerland due to the corona virus epidemic? Here in the far north of Germany, in Schleswi-Holstein, schools are opening agin with certain obstacles such as students must wear mouth and nose protecting masks, wash their hands quite often using desinfectants, not sit together in classrooms  but keep a minimum distance of two meters, so chances for cheating and copying from their bench neighbours are reduced. Playgrounds are being reopened. Toddlers can use them again and put as much sand in their mouths as they like.

Marlis and I don´t feel the restrictions so much. We have a nice garden where actually lots of flowers are blooming. Lilac bushes look beautiful and send a lovely smell.   And the apple tree  looks great with thousands of white and pink blossoms. In the early mornings we like to drive to nice places where we can go for a walk and enjoy nature. Marlis usually stays in the car while I am walking.  

Best wishes. Udo

DSCN0910.JPG

Anzeige