Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

Munro
Munro
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von Munro
als Antwort auf aixois vom 12.07.2020, 20:04:17
have you then ever practiced "Munro bagging" ?
Not really! 
But I have been on top of Ben Nevis and on top of Lochnagar. 👩
Munro
Munro
Mitglied

geschrieben von Munro
als Antwort auf yoli vom 12.07.2020, 12:32:36

Great we love to have conversation here, about everything possible. Someone who has visited my beloved country is very welcome!

geschrieben von yoli
Thank you for welcoming me!
Yes, when I think of England and Scotland, I feel these countries are my second home!
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf Munro vom 12.07.2020, 20:38:26

Good day everyone!
I‘m new here and this is my first post.
So let’s see what happens!
I love traveling as well and last year I was in Ireland.
Loved the landscape!!🙋🏻‍♀️

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 15.07.2020, 13:48:19

Welcome to Frau Holle - nice to meet you! Love from Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Our dream was always to do the traditional Route Land’ s End  to John o`’Groats.
The problem was, I never got that long a holiday to do it.
We would have walked it in about 120 days. That was our idea. We were 3 Nurses who sat together dreaming about it collecting ideas as to where to sleep and what to take with us to eat. Money was not plentiful and time nowhere in sight. Dreaming was allowed.
The three of us were John Jimmi and myself. The chaps were a pair and I was taken in as person to be protected.
Good friends they were! We always studied together and passed exams or not!
In our 3rd year we nearly got as far as being able to hire bikes and start to live our dream. The traditional distance by road is 874 miles (1,407 km) and takes most cyclists 10 to 14 days
But alas NO
What happened? I fell in love with an English chap  and bucked out of the idea and also had less time for my old friends.
Now I have time…*g* but am too old for such escapades.

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 15.07.2020, 13:48:19

super Frau Holle, WELLCOME
I love Hearing yours and everybodys tales of travellings and allday lives.

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Munro vom 12.07.2020, 20:35:16

i thought I let al know what Munro bagging  Wiki

Munro-Bagging ist eine Art schottischer Volkssport, bei dem es um das Besteigen möglichst vieler Munros in möglichst kurzer Zeit geht. Das Wort „Bagging“ bedeutet dabei „Einsacken“ im Sinne von „Sammeln“.
Als Munros werden in Schottland alle Berge mit einer Höhe von über 3000 Fuß (914,4 Meter) bezeichnet, die in der Liste der Munros verzeichnet sind, aktuell existieren 282 Munros.[1] Die Bezeichnung geht auf Sir Hugh Munro zurück, der 1891 als Erster eine Liste der schottischen eigenständigen Berge oberhalb der 3000-Fuß-Marke erstellte. Als begeisterter Bergsteiger hatte er auch vor, selbst alle diese Berge zu ersteigen, doch als er 1919 starb, fehlten ihm noch zwei davon. Die Liste wird in der Nachfolge Munros vom Scottish Mountaineering Club geführt.
Wer alle Munros bestiegen hat, darf sich Munroist nennen. Als Erstem gelang dies Reverend Archibald. E. Robertson im Jahre 1901. Bis 1981 gab es 250 eingetragene Munroisten, mittlerweile ist diese Zahl auf über 3000 angewachsen. Es gibt die unterschiedlichsten zusätzlichen Rekorddisziplinen – etwa die meisten Munros an einem Tag, in einer Woche, alle Munros innerhalb kürzester Zeit.

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 15.07.2020, 14:51:15

Hi Yoli,
what an interesting contribution! Thinking of the low mountains (hills) in Britain it is amazing, how many Englishmen already have climbed the highest mountains of the world! Aren't they ambitious?
Rosemarie

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf yoli vom 15.07.2020, 14:42:06

Great reading from you as well!
Just learned that you are a nurse, too!🙂

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 15.07.2020, 14:51:15

Now I have looked up the British mountains in Wikipedia - it seems, that the mountains of Scotland are a real paradise and obviously not so crowded as our Alpen, a wonderful region!

Anzeige