Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.11.2019, 13:35:05

Hello Yoli - It's been quite some time, that we were in contact; It's nice to find you here again.
I  wonder, where in Switzrland you are living; because in younger days we were there in several years for skiing. We have had good holidays there until the last one, when I broke my ankle and had to spend two weeks in Thusis' hospital, while my husband with the children enjoyed the wonderful scenery on the beautiful mountain.
Well, this active time is gone now - but the memory of it makes me happy - still sometimes it makes a bit sad, for it's gone….
Dear Yoli, you musn't be afraid of the operation. A knee is almost routine, especially for Swiss surgeons. I will think of you on Dec.4th.😉👍
Love from Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.11.2019, 13:16:58
Hello Yo, 

for me there is no difference between my real life and online. I don´t change into someone else. One of the ladies who.apparently writes countles comments all day long from early morning to late at night, and knows almost everything better, once stated that when online she was not her real self. I doubt.

About your knee, I wish you good luck on December 4th. Of course it will take some weeks or months to heal , but you will soon be able to walk without any pains, hopefully.

Today I got a new car, not really a new one, it is a small one, a VW Lupo, so we are mobile again. My wife has problems with her left hip, however still refuses to have an operation. So by car we can go shopping, we can do trips in the countryside in our leisure time. Tomorrow we´ll have my sister-in-law´s grandson with us. He will take the train to reach our little town in the morning. He wants breakfast, a visit to Flensburg harbour and a good lunch with us. I wonder if we can fulfill all this. Anyway we are more than 60 years older. .

See you. Udo
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf yoli vom 03.11.2019, 12:33:31

Dear  Yoli,
I wish you all the best for your knee replacement and I hope that you recover soon. I've got a new hip this summer, a method called Quick Recovery. After 5 days I was home again and then did outpatient reha. Now I am fully recoveredand can even ride my bike again - well I did it so fast and good last week that I slipped on the wet foliage and I struggled of my bike and noe I lay here at the home of my son and his family with some  painful overexpansion of the ligaments,joints and tendons and contusion all over my left side. This will take a while but I am in good care -  and I enjoy having at least some of my grandchildren all day around me :-)
Normally I live in some kind of a wooden Tiny Home in a small Eifel-Village not far from Spangdalem, where my son is based (I was married to an american GI until he died, very happy - and we have five children).
As most of my children are working in Europe and as my brother and sister here in germany died in the last 2 years I am here in Germany for a while and i enjoy it -  as I enjoy every place where I have my family nearby :-) enough for today - hope to read you all soon

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.11.2019, 13:35:05

a few words to amuse :-)

English is easy,” is the common belief. Don’t ever believe it, dear friends . . .

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Once we explore the paradoxes of the English language, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France.

Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

Let's face it – English is a crazy language.

Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

geschrieben von Federstrich
als Antwort auf yoli vom 09.11.2019, 13:12:09
Let's face it – English is a crazy language.
geschrieben von yoli
Yeah, it's just as weird as German, a language that drives people nuts.

Dt.jpg
Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 09.11.2019, 14:08:31

Hi to the whole group!

I'm a ST-newcomer and would love to join your group. My English is becoming rusty and I need to practice.I'm still struggling through all the forums and blogs, but today I stumbled over this one.

For a start: I live in Munich where today is a rather dark and gloomy day - meaning I would enjoy to hear from someone to brighten my day 😊.

Best - Virginia

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 09.11.2019, 14:30:58
Greetings Virginia
How nice to meet you and to have another Person for our English Corner.
I would like to "create" this part of the just conversation so all can write to everybody and not just one to another. I will tray and ask Karl to help.
In the meantime we just write wherever we just are and hope that we will not loose anyone.
Fedi..Remember me, we have communicated before here. Nice to see you again!

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 08.11.2019, 21:36:04
Oh WoSchi, that is awful. It takes so Long, much longer that a broken bone. You will have to be patient.
That about the hip.. me too...hihi I had one in 1999. Still going strong and another one in 2009. Operated in the same way as you. Here they call it minimal Invasion I think. Yes with that one I walked very quickly again and managed well.  In 1999 they did not manage to operate so that one could put weight on it straight away. A boring time for one like me who can't sit still.
You lucky Lady having 5 children, sad about your husband dying.

As you write one can call home everyplace one feels good. I do too.
Till soon again
Love Yo
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 08.11.2019, 19:30:51
Hello Rose, happy to have contact again with you.
I live near Zürich. You know it takes 1 hr to be in a snowy part from here, so one wants too. I prefer snow free roads.
Thank you for you dear words about my OP. I will be OK. At the Moment I recover from pneumonia and hope that my lungs will be healthy by then.
Do you ever hera from Maxi? Hope she is doing well.
I try and get a General part of this thread so everybody can convers with everybody as well. I may have to ask Kart about. In the meantime I am happy that we all get going again.
Take care and till soon again here.
Love Yo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 08.11.2019, 20:12:59
Hello Udo

I must laugh about the Lady who changes character in the Forum. It is a sort of make believe world. Well that is not necessary for us all. We are what we are and stay that way.
Do have nice trips with your Lady wife with your Lupo. It helps to be able to get around as well with a car as with the trains and buses.
Where we live we have to walk 20 minutes to a bus to get to the trains and somewhere. So we drive our Smart and love it.
I am sure you will make your grandson happy as well as yourselves. Amazing how one gets a sort of new Energy when we have Young ones around.
Enjoy it and let us know how it went.
Love Yo

Hello Yo, 

for me there is no difference between my real life and online. I don´t change into someone else. One of the ladies who.apparently writes countles comments all day long from early morning to late at night, and knows almost everything better, once stated that when online she was not her real self. I doubt.

About your knee, I wish you good luck on December 4th. Of course it will take some weeks or months to heal , but you will soon be able to walk without any pains, hopefully.

Today I got a new car, not really a new one, it is a small one, a VW Lupo, so we are mobile again. My wife has problems with her left hip, however still refuses to have an operation. So by car we can go shopping, we can do trips in the countryside in our leisure time. Tomorrow we´ll have my sister-in-law´s grandson with us. He will take the train to reach our little town in the morning. He wants breakfast, a visit to Flensburg harbour and a good lunch with us. I wonder if we can fulfill all this. Anyway we are more than 60 years older. .

See you. Udo

Anzeige