Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.10.2020, 11:16:55

Hi yoli,
thank you for your reply.
I agree that the folks in the Southwest are different.
When I arrived in the far Southwest I was told that I was an "emmet" (foreigner) because they were the Celts.
"If you are the Celts, then I am the original Celt" I replied. Since then I have been fully accepted.

Your contribution in "another version of English" reminded me of the same text in Cornish:

(copied von Ask.com)
Cornish.jpg

Und damit noch einen schönen Tag,
Gruß, Lerge

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Lerge vom 04.10.2020, 15:23:04

adding to your Lords Prayer
here Hail Mary

Hayl Maria The 'Hail Mary' in Cornish.
Hayl Maria, leun a ras, yma'n Arloedh genes;
bennigys osta yn mysk benynes,
ha bennigys yw froeth dha vrys, Yesu.
Maria sans, Mamm Dyw,
pys ragon ni peghadoryon,
lemmyn hag yn eur agan mernans.
Amen.

To be honest! I don't understand a word..ggg

Kernow a'gas dynergh!  Wellcome to Cornwall..have to go there again soon

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.10.2020, 19:43:50
Cornwall?  I'd guess, it is Welsh language, but I am not sure.
I have a record from Wales - a very old one - with fine choir music and the words sound a bit - I imagine - like this text.As a member of the IFL (Int. National friendship League) I joined a group of Welsh boys and girls, who organized rambles around Devonshire and Gloucestershire. After the rambles we used to have a snack and a drink singing songs of friendship in a pub. I'll never forget this friendly athmosphere with young people from all over Europe!

Anzeige

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 04.10.2020, 22:28:36

Hi Rose42

attached hereto is the same in Welsh. Quite different in fact. And whilst the Welsh language is being spoken in parts of Wales, the Cornish language died out in the late 18th century. Only some 1000 people speak it these days.
However, in 2002 the UK government reinstated Cornish as a Minority Language and was followed by Unesco in 2010.

Welsh.jpg

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Lerge vom 05.10.2020, 13:43:00

Hello Lerge, Thanks for clarifying! 

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Good morning @all
I will be less than usual in the Forum because I leave for 2 weeks holiday on Saturday next.
Destination KOS
We have checked out the danger about covid19 and noticed that there was no mention of the Infection in Kos at all.
We are lucky if they let us in *g
Switzerland has a lot of tested people and therefor a number of infected (young) people.
But if Mr. Trump managed to get over it in few days, who are we to not be able to do the same thing!
For you all I wish you well, be careful, just take care
Love Yoli

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 06.10.2020, 12:47:18

I wish you  to have a good time on Cos and that you come back totally fit! Rosemarie

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf yoli vom 06.10.2020, 12:47:18
ENJOY !!!

🎶🎶🎶🎵
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings to all your nice people
I came back from Kos on Saturday and tell you..it was lovely. Swimming, reading, eating of course sleeping and all again!
The water was calm (mostly) and about 22 °
There were a lot of English people some German and only we Swiss.
As we had all inclusive, we also had all drinks free of charge.
That was seductive! I started to love Pina Colada and had to stop myself as I was starting to want more and more. Emil was happy with Cuba Libre and had quite a few as well.
We noticed though that nobody had over done it. The English do have a name for liking their drinks!
Food was enjoyable! Only problem was, one had to queue for it. If one came the wrong time!!!!
I also noticed that a lot of young women were overweight. Very much so! And wore bikinis.
One does say that it is because there is little money around to buy good food. So they start to eat bread and things. But.. that was not the case here. It was a 4,5 star Hotel. If they could afford it then they could afford healthy food as well
The beds measured 2,6 Meters n the width and was very long as well.
Sadly a lot of people smoked on the balcony and the neighbours had the smoke as well
There was a notice, no smoking on the balcony but they put an ashtray ob the table!
When I mentioned it t t o the GM he said it was hard to get customers so they do not want to have too many restriction.
Edelweiss Air even served food and drinks which we thought would ‘nt  be allowed because corona.
Now we have the autumn which I love best.
Take care
Love Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings to all you nice people
I came back from Kos on Saturday and tell you..it was lovely. Swimming, reading, eating of course sleeping and all again!
The water was calm (mostly) and about 22 °
There were a lot of English people some German and only we Swiss.
As we had all inclusive, we also had all drinks free of charge.
That was seductive! I started to love Pina Colada and had to stop myself as I was starting to want more and more. Emil was happy with Cuba Libre and had quite a few as well.
We noticed though that nobody had over done it. The English do have a name for liking their drinks!
Food was enjoyable! Only problem was, one had to queue for it. If one came the wrong time!!!!
I also noticed that a lot of young women were overweight. Very much so! And wore bikinis.
One does say that it is because there is little money around to buy good food. So they start to eat bread and things. But.. that was not the case here. It was a 4,5 star Hotel. If they could afford it then they could afford healthy food as well
The beds measured 2,6 Meters n the width and was very long as well.
Sadly a lot of people smoked on the balcony and the neighbours had the smoke as well
There was a notice, no smoking on the balcony but they put an ashtray ob the table!
When I mentioned it t t o the GM he said it was hard to get customers so they do not want to have too many restriction.
Edelweiss Air even served food and drinks which we thought would ‘nt  be allowed because corona.
Now we have the autumn which I love best.
Take care
Love Yoli

Anzeige