Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 09.02.2021, 14:07:06

Yoli - 1959 -1960:  this was my time in England, too.  And I love to reminisce about a group of youngsters - including me - to sing while rambling in the Cotswold. Glocestershire and in the pub after a day's lovely hiking. The beatles were in and rock'n roll of course!  Mind: I was 61 years younger then. What a lot of time has passed! Thinking of it makes me feel younger and on the other hand I feel terribly old.
That's life!  

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed

At that time I was 12 years old, where I remember the beatles, my german grandma had a little pub, I lived with her, the records played almost the whole day in a "Wurlitzer" jukebox where no one understood a word of the text.  😄 Phil.

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf pschroed vom 10.02.2021, 18:16:28

That is the advantage of English: The language is smoother than German, isn't it ? For that reason the sound of English music is so popular. Rosemari

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings all you Dears :-)

I was 17 when I went over to England.
Mind, I felt very grown up and thought I knew almost all. What a great mistake!
Rosemari, you were in beautiful part of England. I never got to travel in those parts.
BUT I love to hear more about the time you were there,
Phil, where did you learn English.
Nice to have you all here and telling things about your life.
Udo has had such a time in China. I always wanted to go to Japan and China. But until the age of 37 I never went to the continent as the British say.
Take care all of you

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
als Antwort auf yoli vom 10.02.2021, 22:31:14

Self training , I needed for my job in the 80s. Phil.

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Dear Yoli, 

Long long ago, in the early 1960s,  we were enjoying our summer vacation staying at a village campsite near Cheddar Gorge. Warm sunny days. On Saturday morning something curious happened. We could hear the church bells. They were, however, not telling the time, but were chiming a lovely tune:
da dá  da  dada - da  dá, da the highest tone first, then sinking lower to the end. Eight different bells.This tune was played in many variations. This performance lasted for quite a long time,  almost never-ending. It lasted for more than half an hour and wouldn´t stop.  I didn´t believe this was normal, So I walked up to the church. across the graveyard. The tower door was not locked. So I could enter. and...what did I see??? !!!  There were eight people, men and women, sweating.heavily  each holding on to a rope which was hanging down from above. And the rope did not just hang but moved up and down , and the eight people  were jumping up and down in the same rhythm as the ropes, which was a very funny sight. I had never seen such a sport before. They were the Bell ringers of Cheddar Gorge.

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 11.02.2021, 09:55:14

Cheddar Gorge was a place I always wanted to visit. We had friends living in Somerset. Each time we were there to visit the weather was bad. We said the next time. As it is sometime, there is no next time. They moved away from the area and we had other priorities.
As soon as we can travel, among other areas J we want to go over to England and visit a few places. As it is..friends die away. Now we have only 2 couple living still. One in Swanage Dorset, the other in Winchester. Both are beautiful places. Who knows, next summer maybe?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year 2021, the Year of the Ox. Most Chinese get one week s holiday.: However they  are not allowed  to travel or celebrate together with their friends or big famlies.Most of them are supposed to watch the great night show on TV..

Greetings. jacaré4/Udo

DSCN2067.JPG
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 12.02.2021, 20:14:01

Oxen are the hard workers in the background, intelligent and reliable, but never demanding praise.

I am in the year of the horse.
What it says there is so true!

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
I´m a tiger. Tigers eat oxen and deer- Tigers are beautiful creatures. We are huge and dangerous. 

DSCN6829.JPG

Anzeige