Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli

Nice to read you here Manfred J
I remember when you first started to learn the language and you were very hard at it at the time.
It looks as if you have managed well in the meantime.
You know I still use word to help me a long as it is a long time since I lived in England and used no other language.
You are very welcome indeed.
@ Udo
Who was such a un nice person to mean that you are not perfect..hihihihi!
Tell me her name and I will teach her the opposite!
Would it be an idea just to have a little introduction.
I am the Yolanda named Yoli.
I am nearly 70 years of age. My god were did the years ago.
I often ask.. how has it happened that I have been getting so old so quickly.
People then say, count yourself lucky., many pole do not reach that age.
That is true!
I am married to Emil. I call him  “amore” or even Mörli
We have three children and 4 grandchildren. I boy 3 girls.
I have been in the nursing profession all my working life and enjoyed it a lot.
The last 20 years in a nursing home as matron.
Most of the time we love travelling with our camper, trailer and smart car on it!
On Friday we will move on to Tessin with the whole trailer.. Just for 2 weeks.
I do hope that I can look into here once in a while.
That’s it from my part for the moment.
Take care all of you
Love Yoli

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf yoli vom 21.04.2021, 19:23:15

Yoli invited me to join the coversation here. But there is no conversation at all. Yoli has gone to Italy and the rest maybe has gone to bed.
On thursday I had an appointment with my dentist and what shall I say he extracted three of my nicest teeths. As a result I have to take Antibiotka. What I didn't know, taking Antibiotika, you have to be careful doing sport. So I got some problems on my Joggingtour this morning. After have been running about five kilometers I noticed getting slower and slower like a Formula 1 car without fuel. I had to walk to recover. Then alternatativly walking -jogging I managed to get home.
So this is my contribution to make a bit conversation and I'm looking forward for your comments.

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 24.04.2021, 17:23:40
@Murgtäler

Hello Murgtäler, 

Why do do jogging. I have never been able to do it. After 150m I am exhausted as much as you after 5km and three teeth out and full with antibiotics. 

jacaré4

Anzeige

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia

Good morning, Manfred!

Having teeth extracted is an experience that noone enjoys 😩. I hope you are feeling better.

You complained about lacking conversation. Every thread has its ups and downs. I'm not writing very much because of a cataract and pending eye operations. You are posting in several threads. So I imagine you will soon find out which thread suits you best.

Best
Virginia

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
Yoli invited me to join the coversation here. But there is no conversation at all. Yoli has gone to Italy and the rest maybe has gone to bed.
On thursday I had an appointment with my dentist and what shall I say he extracted three of my nicest teeths. As a result I have to take Antibiotka. What I didn't know, taking Antibiotika, you have to be careful doing sport. So I got some problems on my Joggingtour this morning. After have been running about five kilometers I noticed getting slower and slower like a Formula 1 car without fuel. I had to walk to recover. Then alternatativly walking -jogging I managed to get home.
So this is my contribution to make a bit conversation and I'm looking forward for your comments.
Hello Manfred.
Nice that you're here.
I jogged ten kilometers until two years ago twice a week.
Often wih my dogs ,   sometimes fifteen kilometers in any weather, until I got terrible back pain from one day to another, I had to stop. It was a nice time,  now I ride my bike. I can imagine that antibiotics affects the endurance.  I used Asics runnig shoes, when I see runners today, I have abdominal pain 😉, perhaps I will probably start again. 

At the end of a 15 kilometers tour with my dog Rocky, it was very cold  that day. The dogs loved it.😊 Phil.

add423c0_470692.jpg
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 25.04.2021, 09:57:03

Good evening, Manfred!
Neither am I writing very much - what for? There is not much to comunicate from my senior life, especially now as we are all bound to stay home. I am longing for a trip zu Viena or at least going to Munich for a concert - but - nothing is possible these weeks, no months!
Only contacts via computer or  whatsapp - I am fed up with it. Tonight will be Dieter Nuhr on TV - but I believe that I have already watched him a few days ago. And playing cards with my husband isn't ever so delighing.
Now you know, my every day life is fairly boring.
Okay, today I cooked  asparagus wrapped in ham an cheese and servd it with "sauce holondaise", which tasted marvellous. My son visited us for dinner and we had an interestng afternoon, for he told us about his home-office duty and his online-contacts ro Taiwan. 
Now, Manfred, what about you; would you like to tell us something about you - since you are quite new in this Senioren-Treff?
Looking forward to your answer -- Rosemarie

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf pschroed vom 25.04.2021, 18:32:38

Hello Manfred and Phil,
Here I tell you my recognition for running 10 or even 15 kilometers! Not too long ago my husband and I ran 10 km  almost every weekend but gave it up, because I can't do it anymore . I am getting older (I wonder).
Keep on running and have a good time staying fit!
Greetings from Rosemarie

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 25.04.2021, 18:39:44

Hi Rosemary.
You said your every day life was boring but I don't think so according to your contribution abov.
Yes life changed very much due to this pandemie.
So what about me ? I'm 72 und rather short then tall. And my hair abandoned me many years ago.
I'm married for the second time und we have 4 children (me 2, my wife 2). And we have 7 grandchildren, my wife 5, me 2 ) unfortunately I can't see my grandchildren because they live in Potsdam, 800 km from where I live. I'm very happy to see here some Joggingmates. I've been running marathon and Ultra.distance competitions for more than 20 Years. But not anymore. For this I'm too lazy now.
So much for now. I have to join my wife in front of the TV set.
See you. Manfred

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 25.04.2021, 20:11:24

Good gracious me - marathon stretches on 42 km (as far as I know). The longest distance I've ever managed was 15 km. Besides my rambles in the mountains, but there you don't count the km and I was much younger then and other items count in that object.
Have a nice evening - bye - Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
@Murgtäler

Hello Manfred, 

Do you still have pain from the wound that your dentist caused when he pulled out three of your teeth? Were they your last? What about chewing now? Whenever I had problems with my teeth, my wife prepared a special mash for me from boiled potatoes and vegetables. 

Our children live in other parts of the country, too far for spontaneous visits. It´s not only the distance but they have jobs that keep them from coming here more often. The same with our seven granddaughters. However we keep contact via Skype or regular phone calls. Our eldest daughter always complains that the heating system in our home is not working well, so she only comes in summer when we can sit in the garden and enjoy the long evening light, without feeling cold. 

As you are living in Germany´s southwest, you are being spoilt by the finest climate.

Sorry I cannot do the Marathon, but I have always envied those who can or could. 

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige