Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 06.05.2021, 10:13:44
@Murgtäler

Hello Manfred, 

You seem to have crossed the Kiel-Canal (NOK linking the Elbe estuary with the Baltic Sea) some years ago in Rendsburg taking the famous ferry which is/was hanging under the high railway bridge which was built over a hundred years ago and still doesn´t need replacement.. As a matter of fact  the hanging ferry, called Schwebefähre, collided in the dark hours of an early morning  with a passing freighter about five years ago and still has not been replaced. The ferry has to be completely rebuilt, which will take more time, probably years. 

My wife and I have been happily living in Rendsburg since 1965 and have often invited our guests from abroad to have a go on the hanging ferry, which was free of charge like all the other canal ferries. 

Udo

DSCN0698.JPG               DSCN0701.JPG

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 06.05.2021, 12:31:01

Hi Udo !
I didn't know about the accident with the hanging ferry. And I didn't use it when I was there. As I said it was quite a while ago. I read about it and I wanted to see it and I took some fotographs.
So you live in Rendsburg, its another world from where I live. I live near the river Rhine, but not "at the river". Its not like Köln oder Düsseldorf where the river ist part of the town. Beyond the River there is "die Pfalz und gleich daneben das Elsaß."  In half an hour I'm in France.
Regards Manfred

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 03.05.2021, 11:59:05
Greetings Manfred
What a sweet photo of you and the baby. Tell us please  how old is your grandchild and also the name.
I am happy for you.

I should have written I have an internet line. That would have been correct. You did understand perfectly though.
I should, means   ich sollte, I would > ich würde.
Are you still taking English lessons?
It is great to have you here.
At the moment I tend to forget the German words sometimes and have to ask my husband Emil for help. I have been living so many years in England and have 2 English children. The daughter lives in Basel and has two girls of her own. So we talk English all the time. I read in English.
Take care and all the best for all of you.
Love Yoli

Help ! I need help !
I do not understand "I have been getting a line here".
Does that mean "sie hat zum erstenmal  Verbindung, sie kann sich zum ersten mal melden, sie hat zum ersten mal Internetanschluß ?
Und dann noch eine Grammatikfrage.
Wenn ich sagen möchte " Ich würde sagen...."
Heißt es dann "I should say" oder "I would say" oder ist beides richtig ?

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

2 weeks in Ticino with the camper.
When we started off it was sunny and warm there and in the German part of Switzerland cold and wet.
After 3 days it changed.
We went out to walk every day. There is no bad weather, only bad cloths.
Even then, it was cold and nasty!
Inside we had the heating on. Emil likes it cool; I like it nice and warm.
Well I wore lots of cloths and looked like a zombie.
My youngest brother lives near Brissago.
We had some nice outings with him and were invited for dinner at his place.
Our wish is to settle in that part of Switzerland when we get older.
There are some nice homes for the aged in that part, One of the is called  “Tertianum al lido” in Locarno.
We have put ourselves on the waiting list there.
Mind you, we can wait a while still.
We got back home yesterday.
I am not sad to be back home!
Take care
Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 06.05.2021, 19:56:46

Hello Yoli,
aren't you still too young for a senior-home? Anyway - if you nove in there, it's surely an advantage to have your brother near and the region (is it Ticino?) is absolutely beautiful! Let us know, what you and your husband are going to decide.
Rosemarie

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 02.05.2021, 16:59:08
7F5BB5DA-3D7D-45F8-BDE7-7091A41A59D9.jpeg
Hi Rose, here she is, Hazel. She’s a beautiful shy girl but she’s getting in well. 

Susan 

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 06.05.2021, 22:12:09

Hi Rosemarie
We think about going into the home in about 2 or three years.
You know I worked in a nursing home the last 20 years of my working life. I noticed that if folks wait too long to go into a home they start getting stubborn and think they can manage alone at home. The result is, it will be too late and they have to go into a proper nursing home.
There in Ticino we will have a 3 bedroomed flat and get Lunch or dinner. The flat will be cleaned once a week and there is a fitness centre and swimming pool in the house. IT is set in a big park and nearby is the Lido of Locarno.
I will be 79 at the end of June and Emil was 70 at the end of March. To have my brother there is comfortable as well. He too wants to come into that place in a few years.
It is good to plan for the future. It does not always come as one wants it to.
Take care all of you.
Love Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 07.05.2021, 13:55:24

Hallo Mary1, Hello Susan,
this is  a very good-looking dog. She looks so shy, as if being anxious of anything. What is it? 

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf yoli vom 06.05.2021, 19:45:46

Hi Yoli !
Baby in the pichture is 9 years old by now 😊 But we have a new one, born about 4 weeks ago, a girl, a easterbunny. Altogether we have 7 grandchildren, me 2, and my wife 5.  That's the way it is with patchworkfamilies.
Due to corona I'm not attending any english-lessons right now and I miss them very much.
Regards.Manfred.

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 07.05.2021, 13:59:05

Dear Yoli,
I think you are lucky to have found such a good place- even located so beautifully!
When do you intend to move in? I hope, that you will tell us, how things are going on.
Have a good night and a lovely next week!
Take care - Rosemarie

Anzeige