Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 22.06.2021, 08:23:56

What a lovely picture of that dear..super

Hi Udo
Just this about Nadine! She started learning Chinese more than 6 years ago, because she was certain to be able to make business also in China. Her job is buying and selling ingredients of mediations to such firms who produce the finished medication. Yes it is Mandarin she learned. Her remark about being able to speak the language is…nowhere. Conversation is still stocking, writing very difficult.
As you know the Chinese know around 50,000 characters, around 10,000 of which are in active use.
In comparison German      22.118           English         24.698
Quite a difference!
About to be able to tell you where she was visiting I will have to ask her in detail again. I have not really listened well when she told me once.
I certainly will read your travel blogs and thank you in advance xxx

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 22.06.2021, 08:23:56

Dear Udo,

though I haven't been participating much here in the last weeks, I did read everything you wrote on your travels and experiences in China. Please continue!!!

Best
Virginia

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 22.06.2021, 15:58:30

I missed you Virginia..nice to read you here
Love Yoli

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

I just read this rappost in the news

A 5.9 magnitude earthquake shook the southeastern Aegean on Tuesday night. According to the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC), the epicenter was on the Greek Dodecanese islands on the border with Turkey.

No reports of injuries so far
On the EMSC website, those affected reported that the quake was short but strong. Initially there were no reports of injuries or damaged buildings.

The Dodecanese group also includes the popular holiday islands of Rhodes and Kos. The earthquake occurred at a depth of two kilometers, the EMSC said. (SDA)

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 22.06.2021, 21:59:22
Hello, lucky Yoli

Seems you escaped the dangerous earthquake in time, even before it began. On the other hand you missed a risky situation. You were not thrown out of bed, you did not have to run for life, your hotel did not collapse, You did not have to be  sniffed by rescue dogs.or to be pulled out under a rumble of concrete slabs.

Indeed, 
You were lucky. 

Happy to meet you again in this forum. 

Udo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 23.06.2021, 15:24:39
😂😅😏🙋 

you are so funny Udo.
Nice to know you!

Anzeige

Claudia 12
Claudia 12
Mitglied

geschrieben von Claudia 12
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.11.2019, 18:28:08

Hello, all Englishfriends!
Im interested in English conversation about just "Things"
Im new in your group and dont exactly how all this functions.
Im interested in all themes concerning " daily life".
Perhaps it makes sense to introduce myself at first.
Im an 71 years old lady, living in Bonn with my doggy Emma.
We have a lot of fun together walking in the fields and in the forest.
My daughter is living far away, however Ive got one little grandson of my son.
I love reading, walking in the forest,watching criminal stories, drinking tea together with nice people---
Now I have to start preparing my afternoon tea..... so goodbye all of you,
perhaps until soon!
your Claudia 12

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Claudia 12 vom 30.06.2021, 13:26:56
Hello, Claudia,

Welcome. 

I´m not sure how to start a conversation. Maybe you would like to know how we spent this morning, my wife and me. When we woke up, the sun was already shining, That was rather early, before 6am. I wanted to go for a walk  in the Hüttener Bergen. That is about 20 minutes by car. My wife agreed to accompany me although because of her hip problems she had to sit in the car waiting for me to come back. 

It really was a fantastic early morning walk. It had rained all day yesterday. Today no rain, no wind. Some mist was rising from the forest floor. The birds were singing, the little lake was reflecting the surrounding forest area. I was looking for deer. Sometimes they come for drinking in the Rammsee. I walked silently until at the highest point I took my photo at the big rock. In the picture I think I look a bit like Asterix shouldering one of his famous menhirs. 
DSCN3933.JPG

Afterwards my wife and I had breakfast at a little baker´s shop. 

Claudia, what can you tll about your morning?
Claudia 12
Claudia 12
Mitglied

geschrieben von Claudia 12
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 30.06.2021, 16:31:10

Thank you for having discribed your morning,
I know very well, what you were Tallinn about, as Im on my doggywalk a walk every morning.
For me  its the best time of the day, as I enjoy listening to the birds....
Im sorry that I ave to stop New but I had a very joyfull birthday Party and now Im  really Titel.
Perhaps we can go on chatting tomorrow....
Take my best wishes for tonight and sleep Vera well
Yours Claudia

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Claudia 12 vom 30.06.2021, 22:54:40
Hello Claudia, 

Thank you for answering. I can understand that you felt tired after yesterday´s birthday party. Did you eat lots of lovely cake? I imagine when you enjoyed afternoon tea or coffee you had a good conversation with your friends while Emma was listening patiently sitting under the table waiting for her evening walk. By the way, what kind of dog is Emma?

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige