Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 09.07.2021, 08:44:08

I used to watch Tour de France on Television as well . I even saw them ride in reality on several occasions as I live near the french border. Sometimes they cross the border to ride one etappe or two in the black forest und then go back to the Vogesen. But that was when Jan Ulrich was still riding. Long time ago.
And then I was doing a lot of sport myself being a marathonn runner for 20 Years. So I was no longer interested in watching other people doing sport😄
Recently I was watching european soccer championship. Unfortunately the german team was eliminated by the Three Lions and now im crossing my fingers in favor of the Squadra Azzura.
Udo, are you still riding your bycicle ?
Regards Manfred

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 08.07.2021, 22:50:23

Hello Yoli,
Now you will soon be off to France, crossing Switzerland. I really envy you for being able to travel now. Do you speak French as well besides your English?
Good luck with your garage which gives you the TÜV. I wish you that everything goes best and I wish you a good ride through France.
Looking forward to your coming back - Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 09.07.2021, 09:22:26
Hi Manfred,

I have stopped riding my bicycle several years ago. I regret. But I think it is safer for me and other people. My sense of balance seems to be failing. For over 35 years I used my bicycle to get to my job, no matter what the weather was like. In winter with temperatures as low as minus 15, with snow and ice, in summer with scorching hot sunbeams, in autumn with rain getting me soaking wet. There was always wind, however rarely pushing me. Sometimes the winds were so strong, I had to get off the saddle and walk back home. 

I recall 60 years ago,  in spring, I went on a cycling tour through England with my younger brother. We started in Harwich. touched Colchester and stayed at a friend´s home in Leicester. When we reached Wales we changed direction, went to the wonderful town of Chester, went to a see a play of Shakespeare at Stratford, "A midsummernight´s dream". It took us almost two days to  cycle all the way across London, then heading on to Harwich and onto the ferry back to the continent.

Manfred, please tell us about your adventures as a marathon runner, please. 

Udo

Anzeige

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 09.07.2021, 15:42:22

Hello Udo,

I wonder if you are aware that there are tricycles for adults? That way maybe you could continue to cycle in spite of your problems with balance, don´t you think? I had to transfer to a tricycle a few years ago because of bad knees, and I am greatly enjoying myself still. If you like the idea, I´d gladly put you on your track to looking at different models and providers.

🙋

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42

I'm sure you had a wonderful time there - unforgettable experiences!
Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 09.07.2021, 16:10:39
Hello Fiets,

Thank you very much for suggesting I use a tricycle, so balance would no longer be a problem. Do you think there are twoseater tricycles? Because my wife has also stopped using her bicycle which she got on for shopping almost every second day for over forty years. Her bicycle is still functioning, but my wife .... well, we use a small car now a Polo. It has got seats for 4 passengers and a tiny boot, still big enough to put in a wheelchair. So we can do small day excursions, whenever we please. 

Fiets , thank you for helping me look for a tricycle. Do you think they can be boosted by an e-accumulator to transform them into an e-tricycle bromfiets?

Regards. jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 09.07.2021, 17:43:29
Dear Rosemarie. Yes, sure, unforgettable, that bicycle trip to England with my younger brother. Not only because of the many interesting places we came through and experiences we had,  and the encounters with nice people. But also unforgettable because it was the coldest fortnight we had to endure. Drizzle on several days. We did tenting and were clad in shorts. We had to use our ponchos. But we survived. 

Kind regards. Udo

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 09.07.2021, 18:33:07

Hi jacare,
altogether  it was quite a soaked holiday - but some years after you can enjoy it having forgotten that awkward weather.
Rosemarie

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 09.07.2021, 18:20:42
Hello Fiets,

Thank you very much for suggesting I use a tricycle, so balance would no longer be a problem. Do you think there are twoseater tricycles? Because my wife has also stopped using her bicycle which she got on for shopping almost every second day for over forty years. Her bicycle is still functioning, but my wife .... well, we use a small car now a Polo. It has got seats for 4 passengers and a tiny boot, still big enough to put in a wheelchair. So we can do small day excursions, whenever we please. 

Fiets , thank you for helping me look for a tricycle. Do you think they can be boosted by an e-accumulator to transform them into an e-tricycle bromfiets?

Regards. jacaré4/Udo
Hello Udo, there are plentiful battery-driven tricycles in the market, and I have even seen two-seaters somewhere on the internet. The variety is quite astonishing, if you take a closer look. To my mind, the best introductory link on the internet seems to be this one:

https://www.dreirad-zentrum.de/

I think you´ll find your way from there. Ebay should also be an option for second-hand tricycles, often quite new and in good shape.

Good luck for your search, and I should be delighted to hear that you are happily mounted again on a bromfiets together with your dear wife! 
Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
Hi @jacare4  or "dear Udo",

.... and 59 years ago I went on a cycling trip with my best friend along the English South coast from Dover all the way to Land's End, and as close to the coast as possible. From there we hitch-hiked to Bath, cycled to London, sent the bikes back to Germany by train and flew back home. 

That was my first contact with Cornwall where I eventually ended up for good.
And without regrets 😁.

Greetings to the entire conversation-group here,

Lerge

Lands End.jpg

Anzeige