Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von jacare4
Hi everyone,

yesterday was a real summer day, so we went to the seaside. To the Baltic at Eckernförde. We started early, right after breakfast, so we avoided the long queues when all the others got into their cars heading for the beach. As the wind was blowing from easterly directions there were lovely waves. Everything was perfect, and the icecream parlour was just opening ready to welcome and serve us when we were there.

jacaré4

DSCN5257.JPG
jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
I´m waiting for the swan family to show their babies. I know there is at least one so far. 

DSCN5570.JPG
DSCN5578.JPG
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 15.07.2021, 20:57:00

Hey all, I’d also like to participate in this conversation.
English has always been my second language and I miss speaking it a bit.
Is there anybody out there *sing* who wants to talk about what’s been on your minds lately?
🙋🏻‍♀️Have a lovely weekend

Anzeige

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 17.07.2021, 13:06:30

You could start out by writing about what has been on your mind lately 😊😊

Have a delightful weekend in spite of all the rain

Best,
Virginia

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 17.07.2021, 13:06:30

There's been so much on my mind lately that i'm totally out of my mind right now.😉

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Now the swan family is complete. Mother, father and three chicks. I wish them good luck. 

DSCN5752.JPG
This picture was taken yesterday morning when the little ones were taken for the first time down from the nest onto the lake. The mother busied herself immediately to show them where and how to get food. After about fifteen minutes the swan babies were led back onto the nest. Then they were given the next lecture: they had to learn the importance of keeping their plumage clean and straight although they don´t yet have real feathers, only supersoft downs. 

For me, watching this was the most important occurrence of the day. Please tell me about what you witnessed or did recently or what would like to chat about. 

Anzeige

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 17.07.2021, 19:02:36

Hi Udo!
Very nice pictures you have taken. I like them very much, particularyly the little ones are really cute.

I'd like to talk a special subject. What are your relations to your chidren like ? Are you in good terms ? Live you nearby or far apart ? Trigger for my question is, I tried -again-to establish contact to my daughter who lives about  100 km away near Stuttgart. It's my daughter from first marriage. And a few days ago she let me know, she didn't want any contact and "please leave me alone". My oldest son has died a few years ago and a second son lives in Potsdam, 800 km away and he broke down contact a few years ago. You see it's not so funny and i'd like to know what's your experience with tis subject. Do you think we could discuss this subject or would it be too privat ?
Regards
Manfred.

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 19.07.2021, 08:23:58

@Murgtäler

Dear Manfred, I really was so happy when the tiny little swan babies, only a day or two old, left their nest for the first time obeying their mother´s call to come down onto the lake where they were shown how to find food, as swan parents don´t feed their youngsters. 

As to the subject of ralations between parents and grown-up children, I think we better discuss this on PN. So I will write a PN to you soon. 

Here is a picture of the little swans climbing down from the nest for the very first time.

Udo

DSCN5686.JPG

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Dear all here in this thread.
I am so happy to see that conversation is rolling on.
That is what I did hope for.
Manfred.. I do have a similar story to yours and I don't mind writing here in this more or less private part about it…later OK Manfred

First of all I am also happy to see Frau Holle..
(do you have a first name we can call you? )
I have a feeling we heard from you earlier? Was there not something about your knee?
Virginia, always nice to read you and
Udo Dear, you have so nice ideas above all about landscapes and animals.
As I am back again for some time
I would love to read more of your Chinese Stories :-)
I have not long been back from France. We were in Aix - les - Bains for 3 weeks with the camper.
To be honest.. I think we grow out of being camper people. Folk has changed since we started.
 The new Camper folk do not greet anymore and one has it hard to make contact.
Till later in the week.
Take care all of you
Love Yoli

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 01.08.2021, 22:28:19
Hello, good morning, dear camper Yoli.

You sound happy to be back from non greeting French camper folk in Aix in the Savoy Alps. How come, modern time campers have changed? Do they not travel  just for the fun of camping any more? Do they get onto a campsite to escape or recover from the stress of corona home-office? Maybe they just want to get away from it all, especially from the bigger cities where greeting is no option, or no daily practice. 

I remember the wonderful walks in the fields of Japanese countryside many years ago where little primary school children even greeted totally strangers like me with a joyful "ohayo gozaimas". 

On Sunday two days ago our eldest daughter came from Berlin to spend three weeks with her "old parents". Now she is busy in the kitchen preparing lunch for us. She is a 100 percent vegetarian, so she will cook a Hokkaido pumpkin soup seasoned with ginger.and pepper, and possibly some cream and rasped carrots. She will also get some rolls from the baker´s to go with the soup. 

jacaré4/Udo

Anzeige