Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von pschroed
als Antwort auf yoli vom 01.08.2021, 22:28:19
Hello Yoli.

We went on a trip with the mobile home in the early  80s.
I rented a  cheap   "Ford Alkoven mobile in Trier" , with our two children, and our dog Sally .

We were on the road for fourteen days (Cote d`azur)  a short time, but I never forgot this wonderful days.

The mobil was very old, and drank a lot of gazoline 😊 the cupbaords didn`t closed , these flew up in the curves. The fridge didn`t work a very important tool for the summer, I remember, to solve the problem, I dismantled the seat bench, to reconnect the electric cable.

Funny my dog at that time Sally didn´t sleep , I suppose  , of the vibrations of the drive shaft  😉

We drove  about 3000 kilometers with this old car.
A time I´ll  never forget, with my both children.  

Phil.

Lerge
Lerge
Mitglied

geschrieben von Lerge
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 10.07.2021, 09:19:48
Hi @ Udo, and All !

I haven't been here for a while.....,
life is toooo hectic at the moment. And my beloved old bike was thrown out recently.
So we drive on 4 wheels around Cornwall. Bodmin is not too far away from here and
we always pass Jamaica Inn on our way out of, or into, Kernow.

Momentarily we avoid beaches in Cornwall, as the whole population of GB seems to have 
come down here due to world-wide travel restrictions because of Covid. Thankfully we have a great view from the house and don't have to mix with the crowds to enjoy the sea.

Ausblick again.jpg

And locally we discovered a shop for T-shirts called 'tea and coast' which makes us smile about Cornish habits, language, and peculiarities.

I bought the "Dreckly" shirt, because I like a mug of tea before I do anything
'immediately'....... 

Dreckly.jpg

Greetings to All,
Lerge

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings all around
I have been looking through old threads to find a certain mundo who wanted to have a sort penfriend.
Does anyone remember?
There are some interesting talks going on here.
CORNWALL
You lucky ehh I wanted to write bugger Lerge, but that is not very nice now when I think about it. It would actually mean a "Glückspilz* Are you there in Flat?
I used to go to Cornwall every holiday with the children camping.  I lived about 90 minutes away in the southwest.
That was a nice time. And of course not so many people around at that time.
When I was in France this time I met just one English family. They are not yet allowed to go travelling. That is why they will be found in Cornwall.
Well now  till soon !
Ups
don't worry Manfred it is correct to say till soon
But of course untill we meet again is nicer
Must go and catch 40  winks
Love Yoli

Hihihi
ein Nickerchen machen
oder aufs Ohr hauen
natürlich schlafen gehen

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 03.08.2021, 23:47:27
Hello

When I read that someone in Germany is going to bed and says: 

"Hihihi
ein Nickerchen machen, ... "

and it is a thread where English is wanted, I feel  the idea of   "Nickerchen" is something quite different. Maybe a     " k  "   is missing. 

maybe this could enter under English jokes. 

I hope you don´t mind .

jacaré4

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Udo you Dear
I was just translating the 40 winks. I thought it might be necessary as not everyone understood that saying. Has it bothered you a lot? :-)
As I am Swiss I may have used a word which is not common in the German language. the “Nickerchen”
But it is OK to correct as some like to improve their knowledge of the English language.
Is that OK with you Udo?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf pschroed vom 03.08.2021, 12:00:31

Hi Phil

Yes I do know the Ford Alcove Camper. You must have had a lovely time with your family and doggie Sally.
I just imagine the cupboards opening!! But you knew how to help yourselves.
We used to take our Golden Retriever with us. She loved it a lot.
A funny happening I like to tell.
We were in Colmar and left the dog inside as we were only away for a few minutes. In that time someone broke in and searched for valuables which we did not have!
They broke open the driver door. So that Goldie would not get out of the camper in the meantime the thieves put her under the table and positioned cushions all around.
Were they not dear! Stolen was nothing, not even the old radio which we would have gladly replaced ..hihi

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 04.08.2021, 12:09:41

The English call our "Nickerchen" just an nap or a snooze.  So, don't be afraid to take a nap at noon - but mind: that doesn't mean to 'go to bed' -  that will help you toget over the whole day.
Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.08.2021, 19:59:30
@Yoli @Rose42

Dear Yoli and dear Rosemarie, of course I know the German word Nickerchen meaning a short nap. Thank you for helping my poor mental dictionary. I feel ashamed of my association with an English word which I didn´t mention and never would. So let me apologize, Sorry.

Yesterday I got up rather early to enjoy sunrise at the nearby Wittensee. Smashing. Just me, the lake and the rising sun. 

DSCN8235.JPG

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 05.08.2021, 07:06:04

Beautiful picture Udo Dear!
You have real talent for Photography.
And please do not apologies for anything. I am so happy that you are with heart and soul here in this thread of the forum. What would we do without you and of course without you other dear people. We are in the throes of buying and selling cars.
We have seen a Toyota Yaris Hybrid car and are going to have a look at it tomorrow.
We have a Volvo Car we use seldom as our sweet little Smart car brings us everywhere. BUT.. we do have to transport Mothers and Mothers in - Law and some friends who do not have a car licence anymore. So we need 4 seats in the car.
We have seen Toyota Yaris Hybrid car that has woken our interest.
Tomorrow we go and have a look at it and maybe test drive it.
Our beloved Volvo with just 37 km has to go. Let’s hope we get a fair prize for it. Let you know tomorrow when we have seen the Yaris Hybrid.
Till soon
Love Yoli

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 05.08.2021, 07:06:04

Dear jacare, there is nothing to be ashamed of!!!
What a wonderful time of the day, when enjoying sunrise while night is fading and that in a beautiful nature!
Have a good time jacare, and thank you for pleasant contribution!
Rosemarie

Anzeige