Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.12.2019, 22:36:53

@yoli,

Hello Yoli, Today is Wednesday, you probably have to read this while the surgeons are operating on your knee. I suppose they are doing this with you under local aneathsia, so you will not suffer any pains, at least as long as they are doing thir job. Hopefully they are real experts with long experience. 

How long will you have to stay in hospital? You probably will be treated well by the nurses and get good rehab. 

Well, everyday talk again. I have just come upstairs after an hour´s gardening. I feel hot  from the exercise. #the brown container is full again with dead leaves. The garden is obviously too big for me, or i should employ someone younger.and with more energy. 

All the best to you. Udo

DSCN1135.JPG

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 04.12.2019, 10:12:04

Hello Udo, how nice of you to think of me! Yes the surgeon sharpened his instrument around 11 o Clock and 3 1/2 hrs. later he had put in a new knee joint. > Great!
I stayed in the hospital exactly until Saturday when I asked the surgeon to discharge me home.
I felt I could do better at home than n a hospital bed getting disturbed at night. Of course I still had a long way before me trying to get the knee joint to bend and stretch properly. I am still trying but it gets much better every day. Are you and your family ready for Christmas? Presents under the tree?
I wish you and all oher s who may read here peaceful x-mas days and till soon again
Love Yoli

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.12.2019, 13:52:44

Dear Yoli,
It’s great to see that you are back! It’s also great to read that all went well with your operation. Keep exercising under the Christmas tree!

Wishing you all the best, a very merry Christmas and a tremendous new year 2020!
Virginia

4c344ea1adc83313d344dbfe0d242230.jpg

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
Dear Yoli, @Yoli

Time flies, time cures, time helps. Hopefully your knee has stopped causing problems. Christmas is only only a few days away, time for peaceful thoughts, happy faces, good food, nostalgic smells, candles ,traditional  charol chanting, giving and opening of presents, forgivefulness and relaxation. 

This year again no snow in the northern German lowlands. So roads and motorways will not be slippery. We are going to celebrate with our daughters and granddaughters in Berlin. Many people will have left Germany´s capital for paying visits to relatives living in the countryside. So I expect no problems finding where to park the car. 

All the best to you- A good last Sunday before a wonderdul and Merry Christmas. Udo
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings to you dear Writing Friends here in this forum.
I get a warm feeling whilst reading your words @ Udo and Virginia.
Thank you so much for the kind and supporting words. I am torn between religious feelings of what Christmas should be and a sort of helplessness when I see all the folks hunting and charging around for Food and presents.
 I ask the people around me if they sing some Christmas songs or tell some Christmas stories at their festivities. No they don’t.. Sadly.
I know I am old fashioned and brought up in a catholic home by nuns, so some of the teaching has stuck with me.
Here in Switzerland I read about a school who want to perform a little play about the Christmas scene and sing some carols. There was a Muslim father the last year who complained about some of the songs saying they did discriminate them. So what do the teacher? They leave these songs out. To be honest I am sad and furious
 If you like you can have a read here

https://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/Schule-in-Wil-verbannt-drei-Lieder-aus-Adventsfeier-30338393

Now I ty andf have some peaceful thoughts as it is the season for Peace.
I wish you a very blessed time with your families and for the New Year all the very best.
For the whole world I wish PEACE
Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 21.12.2019, 11:50:10

Dear Yoli,
yes, it is definitely sad that values and traditions are getting lost. For me, they are fundamental in life. My parents weren’t too religious, but we still went to church to remeber what Christmas is all about. And that does not have anything to do with being „old-fashoned“. To a certain extent I enjoy the hustle and bustle of preparing Christmas: baking cookies, putting up the Christmas tree etc. But it is sad when people forget/are not interested in why we celebrate Christmas. However, many people have lost their belief and have quitted church.

The newspaper article was interesting and sad, of course. One could ask the question: Why does a Muslim attend a Christmas celebration? His children go to the school, but that doesn’t mean that he has to attend the festivity. You can’t change „Christmas“ into a nondescript party to accomodate all religious tastes.

As Dagmar Rösler said:

Wegen einer negativen Rückmeldung eines Vaters alleine sollte man aber auch nicht alles infrage stellen.

Wishing all forum members a very merry Christmas and a tremendous new year!

Best,
Virginia

1c5707373ac98c041c77056c849ff206.gif

Anzeige

Klaus Eugen
Klaus Eugen
Mitglied

geschrieben von Klaus Eugen
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.11.2019, 18:28:08

Hi Joli,

I am a retired german engeneer and leave in Sweden.
So far I only have used my time to learn the swedisch language.
Now i am looking for a person to correspond in  English.
I gess my languagelevel is A2 (CEFR).
Wound be nice to hear from you.

Happy New Year
Klaus

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Klaus Eugen vom 26.12.2019, 13:24:12

Great! Let’s do it and hopefully others will join as well.
I am Swiss and leaved 20 years in England. I was married to an English Gent who sadly died leaving me with two children. When they were 9 and 6 years old I moved back to Switzerland where my mother and brothers lived.. My daughter loved it my Son hated all about Switzerland. After a few tries here I sent him back to his Uncle who had 3 children of his own. That was a good decision for my son. I hated it of course.
To be honest, he still does not like Switzerland!
I did my Nursing training over there so I found work easily here in Zürich.
How about you. If you like to write a few things about your moves to Sweden or so that would be nice and good exercise to learn a language!
I also wouold love to hear something about life in Sweden.
Take carte
Greetings Yoli

CharlotteSusanne
CharlotteSusanne
Mitglied

geschrieben von CharlotteSusanne
als Antwort auf yoli vom 26.12.2019, 18:03:25

6ctc0hai1kc.jpg

Dear Yoli, I wish you  366 good days in 2020 !

C.S.

woody3.jpg

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4

Today was a good beginning of the year 2020. At midnight we welcomed the New Year with mango juice instead of champagne. We.watched the fireworks show in Berlin and Cologne on TV.  At the same time we opened our living-room windows. From outside came the noise of the private fireworks, the deafening bangs and the nasty smell. After a few minutes this was over. Bed was waiting for us at half past one. 

DSCN4012.JPG

At quarter past eleven we enjoyed the gorgeous New Year´s Concert from Vienna.

jacaré4

Anzeige