Forum Fremdsprachen English "I Will Survive,” the Coronavirus Version for Teachers Going Online

English "I Will Survive,” the Coronavirus Version for Teachers Going Online

"I Will Survive,” the Coronavirus Version for Teachers Going Online
geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied

We all rermember Gloria Gaynor singing “I Will Survive.” Now Michael Bruening, an associate professor of history and political science at Missouri University of Science and Technology, is serenading professors with an online teaching-themed cover of Gaynor’s hit. Bruening’s lyrics are tongue-in-cheek. They've nevertheless rung true with thousands who have shared his video

Bruening said that his university was planning to begin remote instruction on Wednesday, but he learned late Friday that all University of Missouri institutions had to bump up their timelines to Monday. "So we literally did have just two days to adjust, as stated in the song," he said, though "I have to say the communication from our administration and especially the support provided to faculty by our educational technology support teams has been outstanding."

While he isn’t particularly tech-savvy, Bruening is not as uninitiated as his song perhaps suggests. "I am not particularly adept at Panopto yet," he said of video platform, "but I use Canvas regularly and have a decent grasp of Zoom," the teleconferencing program (which has other professors enthusiastic about being able to trick students into thinking they're working from Harry Potter's Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry).

“Mostly,I just wanted to bring a little levity to what I know is a stressful time for faculty everywhere making this transition. I am overwhelmed by the positive response so far, and I am extremely gratified that the song seems to have brought just a little joy to people during this crisis.” the teacher said -  what a great guy!

Anzeige