English Purpose of this subforum

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 25.07.2015, 18:57:32
Hi to you Folks
I have been abroad without internet. Just had a chance to catch up. A lot to think about and learn, but interesting. Bärbel and Rosemary and Bukamary... and honeybee and who ever I forgot..come and join us.
i am still writing with one finger of the wrong hand.............hard work
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 25.07.2015, 18:57:32
Hello Fedi,

in fact sometimes silence is golden. But in this case I just didn`t have time to write again in this forum. And I for my part had already written my opinion about religion. I think people should be much more tolerant and accept other beliefs. Maybe some wars could thus be avoided.

Should we feel pity with you that some women preferred other men than you?? Anyway here you are surrounded just by women.. Some time ago I wrote in a French forum where also only one man represented the male sex. He felt quite well between us.. But I felt to be wrong there because the other participants had a much better command of French than me. I learnt English and French at school. However, much time has passed since then. I have forgotten a lot. Especially in French I lacked a lot of vocabulary and most of all grammar. At first I was hooked and even bought a book for grammar. But then I wasn`t in the mood for it any longer and stopped writing.

To write in English is easier but anyway I think that you and some others in this group are more professional than I am. Do you need the English language for your profession?

Have a nice week!

Dörte
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 26.07.2015, 22:42:15
Hi Dörte >> Since you have written an answer I have not mentioned you by name.
You write excellent english.

Anzeige

bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
Hello Ladies, Hello Fedi,

Wow, what a lot of activity compared with all the months’ bevor.
Fedi, guess it`s all your fault, or am I wrong?
Even if I don´t write anything you can be sure, that I will read along. I´m certainly not intending to quit but there are still some things just bothering me more and I´m simply more concerned about that and just not always in the mood to write something.
I just wish all of you nice sunny days with pleasant temperatures.

See you
Hildegard
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

geschrieben von Federstrich
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 26.07.2015, 22:42:15
Hi there, Dörte, Hildegard, and everyone,

How good to hear from you again. Thought you might have vanished into thin air and now I'm relieved that you are back.

Judging by the time you posted your comments, it looks like I'm the only lark among owls. That's right. Just go ahead. Enjoy your life whereas I have to cope with the unpleasantries of it.
Yet, I must say, what a most enjoyable experience it is to be surrounded by flowers of the female sex who even seem to be caring for me. I'm really not used to that. In fact, it's the direct opposite to real life. Mind you, Dörte, I didn't say "some" but meant women in general. Yes, it would indeed comfort me a little if you felt pity for me.

But, again, you are right, of course, it's just the way it is and I can't help it nor do I blame them for their sublime taste in men.
No, I don't take it amiss. For it's true, what can I offer? Not much. I know that. You can figure me as an ornamental hermit living in woodland solitude in his retreat completely detached and lost in contemplation and tranquillity.

No, I don't need English at work. They all proudly speak their regional German dialect. In fact, I don't need English at all. But who cares. "... Me, poor man—my library was dukedom large enough."
What about you, ladies? Does anyone need it for work?

> Wow, what a lot of activity compared with all the months’ bevor. Fedi, guess it`s all your fault, or am I wrong?
Hildegard, I'm not sure. You can judge that better than me. But if you were right, I'd feel flattered. It would teach us a lesson on what women can be up to after having been left unchallenged for some time.
Talking about traffic in this forum, I hope you will not disappear one after the other, though. Remember that a forum thrives on posts. So if no one writes, there's nothing to read for the others.
But I trust you will help keep things going just as I will.
Cheers!, Fedi
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 27.07.2015, 18:09:18
Hello everybody,

did I mention that "leo" is my best friend? I really can recommend "him". When I still wrote in the French forum one of the participants told me that he could be a real help.

It was great to find all your contributions here. After a long time of silence this is a nice surprise. Just as Federstrich I hope that this will remain so.

I would like to know why each of you decided to take your special nick name. As you may guess I like to eat chocolate and especially candies -
therefore "Praline". Each evening I substitute bread for chocolate
(or the other way round??).

Here in the northern part of Germany it seems as if the summer has gone.
Today it was raining a lot and it was rather cold - 17°. I feel pity for the children whose holidays began on Thursday. They would surely prefer sunshine and warmth. But hope dies last.

Anyway have a nice week.

Dörte

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 27.07.2015, 22:43:41
Hi @ all

I said I had to look up some things Fedi wrote.

First of all, never heard of this expression……………..
library was dukedom large enough
but I understand

Then………..
blaming them for their sublime taste in men
I thought it meant
“er/sie hat einen erhabenen Geschmack
OK, so where does it leave you Fedi?

Then this sentence……………
You can figure me as an ornamental hermit living in woodland solitude in his retreat completely detached and lost in contemplation and tranquility.

I am still crying my eyes out your poor dear.

Ok now to Dörte and the nick

I am Yolanda…short Yoli… practically all an open book
I do hope the summer has not gone. How come the holidays start in the north of Germany now? It is not the proper summer holiday?
Ours will be over after the 14th of August.
We are already starting to plan our next trip with the camper. In the middle of September we drive towards Andalusia and will check it up properly, starting in Cadiz.
We have until the middle of November to do this.
Afterwards we fly home to spend 3 weeks with the families and friend’s in order to fly back around the middle of December. Then who knows maybe Morocco again.
Take care
Yoli
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 27.07.2015, 22:43:41
Hi Dörte,

Well, "Praline", let me be the second one to explain my nick. Personally, I feel that "Praline" is a very attractive nick. Sounds like a sweet temptation tenderly melting in the mouth. Though I'd regard myself as a man, I have a sweet tooth and eat "tons of" chocolate and cake, i.e., literally every day (right now as well ). So this really appeals to me.

Just a question: what is the point of picking such a nice nick if you don't use it in the forum but prefer your first name?

As for my own nickname, I have used different ones. That's why I needed a new one here but it should still relate to me as a person to some extent. After some thought I came up with "Federstrich" because, on the one hand, it reflects my own way of writing. On the other hand, there's also a reference to the German phrase "mit einem Federstrich", which means to decide on or to stop something you tend to disagree with rather spontaneously, sometimes even abruptly whenever you feel that what is going on is not worth your while and that you should rather spend your time doing something more rewarding. I don't want to waste any time any more. That's me and that's why I chose it.

I'm also looking forward to the others explaining their nicknames.
Best, Fedi

PS: When posting this I realised that Yoli has already done that.
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 28.07.2015, 17:38:09
Hello to everybody,

it seems as if you are travelling around quite a lot, Yoli. I wish you interesting impressions and a good time.
When looking through the different forums with foreign languages
I also found you writing Spanish. I could understand what was written because a long time ago I learned this language for about a year. But I am not at all able to write myself.

As to the holidays: The beginning in the different federal states changes every year. In Bremen and "Niedersachsen" holidays only started on July 23rd
and will end on September 2nd. It really is rather late. At the moment it feels as if not summer holidays have begun but automn holidays..

Fedi, you asked why I don`t use my nickname in this forum. I think it is more personal to sign with my real name and I would prefer to also know the real names of my "partners" in the forums. It would also be nice to know
their faces.
Hopefully you don`t think all of a sudden that you waste your time here
and "mit einem Federstrich" you disappear...

Bye for now,

Dörte
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 28.07.2015, 22:59:41
I would prefer to also know the real names of my "partners" in the forums. It would also be nice to know their faces.
Hopefully you don`t think all of a sudden that you waste your time here
and "mit einem Federstrich" you disappear...

No problem, Dörte, there are no secrets. My first name is Thomas but I'd prefer Fedi or Tom. And I have sent you two very recent photos of mine (and will do that for all the others, if they want), one photo showing my face, and another, full body photo, showing me "in all my splendour".
As for the second meaning of my nick, don't worry, I was referring to some arguments elsewhere, not here.
Best, Fedi

Anzeige