Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von Papa_Joe
Hello Dörte, hi Regina,

I'm not on tour with my scooter,although I would like to do so, but with my job in the motorbike shop I'm kept busy in such an extent I never had expected. Nevertheless, it's great fun to work there, being responsible for the depot for spareparts as well as for salesment of things like spark plugs etc. Sometimes I have some free time for moving my scooter.

In other words, I'm still "on the stage" and I regularly follow up what's going on in our English club, and I kindly ask you for your understanding when I don't answer or react immediatelly.

Kind regards to you, Dörte and, last but by far not least, Regina

Hans-Joachim
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 16.03.2011, 14:03:51
Hello Hans-Joachim,

it was nice to read that you are still "alive"! I haven`t known that you are still employed. But it`s nice that you really like your work. So you can combine your hobby with your job! Are you working all day long or just some hours per day?

We surely are understanding that your time is short. We or better I - because I cannot talk for Regina -appreciate reading from
you from time to time. Don`t work too much and take care of you!

Kind regards,

Dörte
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 14.03.2011, 20:16:01
Good evening Regina,

I can imagine that you were quite angry after your "letter"
just disappeared... That`s what happened to me some times, too!
I also don`t know why.. But I appreciate that you tried it again.

It`s really terrible what happens in Japan. I feel so sorry for
the people living there. It seems as if with every day the
situation becomes worse. At the moment at so many places in the
world life isn`t easy. For us it`s not so important any more but I only hope our children will have a good life.

Maybe this Sunday we will see Moritz again. My son and his family
will come to see us. In the meantime we had some fun with the
2 year old boy of our neighbors. Every now and then he comes
to spend some time with us. He prefers "reading" books which
I like very much. Although he is so young he knows nearly each
animal. Last Tuesday he took with him a catalogue with a number
of animals. He specified nearly all of them. It`s really funny.

It is said that Sunday shall be sunny. So I wish you a very fine weekend.

Kind regards,
Dörte

Anzeige

Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 17.03.2011, 23:01:28
Hello Dörte,

officially I'm a retiree since 5 years, I came to this job occassionally: My oldest son, responsible for making my scooter as a gift, is since many years a motorcycle enthusiast, actually driving his scooter and a big Honda 650 ccm bike. A friend of him, running the little bike shop, was looking for a retiree, fond of bikes and willing to work "the one or other hour" in the shop and in the spareparts department. Well, we met each other, we discussed the facts and so I work since end of January in the bike shop, mainly in the afternoon, and I enjoy this activities very much.

This is, in brief, to explain my "being employed".

Have a nice day and

kind regards
Hans-Joachim
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 18.03.2011, 12:05:41
Hello Hans-Joachim,

what a lucky circumstance that you have found this
job. As spring has come and the sun is shining more
and more I guess that many customers are coming
to the bike shop to make their bikes ready for
driving.

Today it was as warm as on a summer day. I could
take a sun bath and really enjoyed it. But tomorrow
it is said to be again a lot colder. Probably we
will go to see our daughter. So it doesn`t matter
how the weather will be.

I wish you a nice and sunny Sunday!

Kind regards,

Dörte
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 02.04.2011, 21:59:43
Hi Dörte,

many thanks for your mailing. Fortunatelly the day yesterday, Sunday, wa as beautiful as Saturday. In the morning we, my wife and I visited a little customer's fair showing house, wellness, handcrafting,slow food eyuipments and things like that. It was quite interesting for both.

In the afternoon I made a little bike-trip to the region I lived as a little boy. It was a strange feeling, visiting all the wellknown places, but now as an Oldie, coming via motorbike.

Today it's a rainy day, but all the rain is quite usefull for the garden.

Have a nice day/week/time, till next time

Kind regards

Hans-Joachim

Anzeige

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, to everybody. I think I must finish my very lazy time. But, no,I am not really lazy. I always have so much to do. OK,most of the things I do are only for my pleasure.
Playing golf needs a lot of time. And for the walks with my dog I need everyday 3 hours.Then the household,the garden and so on...But I am lucky because I still can do all the things I want to do.
Dörte, I have decided not to travel to China. Its a bit difficult to explain why not.Mainly,there are difficulties in my son's familie. With the children. They are 17 and 18,5 ages. I am too old to come between quarreling of the family. China is not a country were I am too interessted. I looked in ENCARTA and so I learned everything about Shanghai Clear, it's not the same but for me it's enough. The only reason to go there was the family.

Yesterday I was at the hairdresser.I needed new color for my hairline. I go there a very long time. But this time it was a big disaster. Suddenly I had a nearly black hairline. They must do it again.And now I have a golden hailine. Quelle surprise!!! Unfortunately we couldn't do it again. You can imagine you how furious I was.
Momentary I read a book (english) of Roald Dahl. Ten Short Stories. I like R.Dahl.His stories always are so macabre. Do you know something of R. Dahl??
Before that I red Goldfinger (James Bond)by Ian Fleming. Naturally In English. Very good.Isn't it?

Hans Joachim,I hope you have time enough to enjoy the wonderful weather. Or do you have too much work in the shop where you helps? But I know, you like the work.

I 'll stop for today hope you both are well, have a nice and wonderful Sunday with lots of fun, and still more pleasure Regina
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 16.04.2011, 20:12:54
Hello Regina, hello Dörte,

this ist, in brief as usual, to remind you to me, still existing, still enjoying the work in "my" bike shop and also still enjoying riding my bike.

Actually we, the crew of the bike shop, are preparing our annual "Open House" taking place on May 1st. Until this day there is still some work waiting to be done (building a new sales rack, cleaning and polishing the scooters and bikes and so on).

I do hope you enjoy the lovely, sunny days as well as some rainy days which ar important for the garden

I'm looking forward to hearing/reading from you in time.

Kind regards

Hans-Joachim

By the way, this is my bike:

My bike, 30 years old, but never the less "running like neighbour's cat!"

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi,Hans-Joachim! Before I forget it,I must absolutely write to you. As I looked to your Baby-bike I was really ( von den Socken)flabbergasted. It is your baby,isn't it? Such a wonderful oldtimer.It is great,brilliant!!I thought,as you wrote from your scooter,you mean something like a Vesper.Was this the name? Long ago.A Vespa was my first vehicle.I was 18 years and very proud of it. But not very long. The next car was a NSU Prince.And then the cars got bigger and bigger. And now I have a very little car again . Have a nice week Regina

Dörte, are you well? Many greetings to you.Enjoy the week.Regina
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 18.04.2011, 20:07:44
Good morning Regina,

thank you for your early reply.

Well, my "baby-bike" has a weight, ready for driving, without driver, of 184 Kgs (!!!). So it seems to be a slightly heavyweighted baby . But never the less I'm fond of "her"!!!

I call my bike "Klara", a name with the following background:
You may remember the worldwide famous book "Heidi" written by Johanna Spöri. My oldest son rides a bike, also a Honda, type TransALP 600, a heavyweight of 220 kgs. His wife claimed that the name TransALP reminds her to Heidi from the Switzer Alps and therefore she calls the bike Heidi. You additionally may be aware that Heidi had, during her time in Frankfurt, a girlfriend with name KLARA, a slim grown girl, and so I called my bike KLARA [/indent]
My scooter is indeed a Vespa, model Cosa 200, a smart and propper looking lady of 19 years, to be operated by means of an oldfashionned hand-gearshifting. It is really great fun to ride the scooter. By the way, my first vehicle, when being 18 years, was also a Vespa, 125 ccm, 5 PS, top speed 60 km/h, and I felt like a "king of the road"!!!

I hope you enjoyed my above explanations as I enjoyed with writing them.

In the meantime

kind regards from Hans-Joachim

[i]See below my Vespa:

Kaleidoskop(Papa_Joe)

Anzeige