Forum Fremdsprachen English The "Times" this morning

English The "Times" this morning

Achill
Achill
Mitglied

The "Times" this morning
geschrieben von Achill

President Putin is “very ill with blood cancer”, an oligarch close to the Kremlin is reported to have said. The unnamed oligarch was recorded discussing Putin’s health with a Western venture capitalist in mid-March in a recording obtained by New Lines, a US magazine. The Russian says in the recording that Putin...

What a wonderful news!
Im feeling much better now!

chris33
chris33
Mitglied

RE: The "Times" this morning
geschrieben von chris33
als Antwort auf Achill vom 14.05.2022, 13:30:25

Vielleicht kannst du dazu beitragen, dass  ich mich auch "much better" feele,...

du koenntest  diese geschichte mal ordnungsgemäss verlinken , damit man nachvollziehen kann ,  wie real diese   nachricht ist und wer, wie , wo was  geschrieben hat.

Welche  "Times"  this morning hast du gelesen?

es gibt die "Times" London
Schwesternzeitung "Sunday Times"
The New York Times  und wohl auch die "Indian Times", soviel ich weiss.

new lines us magazin?, wo hast du das ausgegraben😉

Chris33

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed

I would also be happy, would it be like that. I read it at Focus this morning. Phil.

Anzeige

Michiko
Michiko
Mitglied

geschrieben von Michiko
President Putin is “very ill with blood cancer”, an oligarch close to the Kremlin is reported to have said. The unnamed oligarch was recorded discussing Putin’s health with a Western venture capitalist in mid-March in a recording obtained by New Lines, a US magazine. The Russian says in the recording that Putin...

What a wonderful news!
Im feeling much better now!
Das habe ich auch gelesen, aber wie kann so eine Nachricht wundervoll sein. Mir würde es gefallen, Putin vor einem Tribunal zu sehen, wo er sich verantworten muss.
Tribunale gab es übrigens, die SMT - sowjetischen Militärtribunale in der frühen SBZ, es gab nur drei Urteilsmöglichkeiten:  10 oder 15 oder 25 Jahre Zwangslager.
Achill
Achill
Mitglied

geschrieben von Achill
als Antwort auf chris33 vom 14.05.2022, 14:56:31
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/
Being confirmed in BBC news right now.
pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
als Antwort auf Achill vom 14.05.2022, 15:07:59

Thanks for the Link 👍 Phil.

Anzeige

Achill
Achill
Mitglied

geschrieben von Achill
als Antwort auf Achill vom 14.05.2022, 15:07:59

A war crime tribunal with Putine as the main accused would last for years. If delivered to the Ucrainian people It would be fine by me,but he would pass away as a hero. And be santified by the Russian Pope. No thanks!

Tina03
Tina03
Mitglied

geschrieben von Tina03

As reading the cited "Times" news report was not possbible without prior registration, I searched the internet for other sources and found a most interesting report (ref. below) focussing on the impact Putin's poor health may have regarding the future development of the given critical situation, i. e. in which way the state of his health may influence his decisions, last but not least in view of the point of time he decides to initiate them.

https://newlinesmag.com/reportage/is-putin-sick-or-are-we-meant-to-think-he-is/

What a wonderful news! Im feeling much better now!“

By the way, despite being fully able to retrace your feelings, would you not agree that your spontaneous reaction on reading the cited news report is totally inappropriate from a moral point of view? Apart from the fact, that I would not wish the numerous health problems Putin has been battling with for many years on my worst enemy (who nevertheless is a human being), it seems to me worthwhile to bear in mind that they may be the reason he has become the person he is.

It is furthermore to be taken into regard that his successor may be equally or even more brutish:

". . . has stated that Putin is set to undergo surgery for an unspecified form of cancer in the near future and that while he’s on the operating table, his temporary replacement will be the grim Nikolai Patrushev, the secretary of Russia’s National Security Council, a fellow ex-KGB man and longtime director of one of its successor agencies. Patrushev, as New Lines has documented, is also one of the most hawkish ideologues of the regime."

“There is no way to know for sure from the outside, but there are two consistencies in evaluating the Kremlin,” said John Sipher, a former CIA officer specializing in Russia. “Their instinct is to lie and spread disinformation on the one hand, and so this chatter may be an effort to deflect attention. Or, equally likely, we are seeing flashes of elite infighting. Putin has long acted as the de facto mafia boss of the Kremlin, the arbiter between those fighting for influence or money. Those clans are now positioning themselves to survive no matter how this crisis ends. Leaking Putin’s health crisis — or inventing one — would be one to gain leverage.”

Heiner13
Heiner13
Mitglied

geschrieben von Heiner13
als Antwort auf Tina03 vom 14.05.2022, 15:45:48

Ich habe überhaupt kein Problem damit mich zu freuen wenn ein Massenmörder krank ist. Und nicht einmal klammheimlich...... Nur was würde dadurch besser? Da käme dann die Glaskugel ins Spiel.

Krieg und Wahrheit gehen einfach nicht Hand in Hand. Und Despoten und vermeintliche Wahrheiten aus dem Dunstkreis ebenfalls nicht. Daher habe ich grosse Skepsis gegenüber dieser Nachricht.

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
als Antwort auf Heiner13 vom 14.05.2022, 16:08:10
Ich habe überhaupt kein Problem damit mich zu freuen wenn ein Massenmörder krank ist. Und nicht einmal klammheimlich...... 
Ein Typ wo schwangere Frauen und Kinder töten lässt, Hospitäler bombardiert, mit Schlächter ASSAD in Syrien circa 600 000 Menschen umbrachte, nein da verlagern sich meine Gefühle auch, er wäre gut versorgt.  Phil.

Anzeige