Forum Fremdsprachen English Travel reports

English Travel reports

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

Travel reports
geschrieben von Maxi41
In March/April I was on cure in Ostseeklinik in Prerow on the Darss. It´s a clinic for orthopaedics and respiratory disease and is located behind the dunes.Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow is situated on the peninsula "Fischland-Darss-Zingst" between the historical hanseatic towns of Rostok and Stralsund.
Until the end of the 19th century, Prerow was a sailing and fishing village. The sailor´s houses are mostly recognited by decorated front doors. They are decorated with floral ornaments.Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

The seaside resort of Prerow is also located within the national park "Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft" which streches from Ahrenshoop along the southern coast to the island of Hiddensee. Thanks to the climate contrasts of sea, meadow, forest and reeds in combination with good water quality, it is known as a health resort.
The typical thatched roof cottages are well-preserved and have given the village calmness long ago to this day.Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

One day we went to a trip to Ahrenshoop - an artist´s resort. It caught the imagination of the first landscape painters more than 100 years ago. Impressed by the special light and the landscape´s natural beauty, some of them settled here and founded an artist´s colony.
The area is one of Germany´s sunniest regions.Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Here in Prerow you will find fine sandy, stoneless beaches and a beautiful landscape.Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

Prerow 2015(Maxi41)

West of this you will find the West Beach - wild and romantic with rugged terrain created by wind and waves.
Unfortunately I took no photos.

The days were busy with threatments. I could go to the beach when I had no treatments.
If you have luck, you can find Amber - called "the gold of ocean" on the beach after big storms. Unfortunatly I hadn´t luck.

Bärbel

Futher you can find more photos in my pictures gallery.
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

Re: Travel reports
geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 04.05.2015, 16:43:45
Hi Bärbel,
Prerow really seems to be a nice place especially for recovery. The clinic seems quite big! Why did I never get a cure in a place like that? Was the beach far away? It realy looks inviting and I´d just in the mood to walk along barefooted, something I simply love.
you´ve made very nice pictures. I looked at them in your gallery too.
What a pity you didn`t find any amber. Some people say it´s a gemstone for the wintermonths, its supposed to warm you.

Bärbel,thank you for this report. I hope we will get more of them.

Have a nice day

bukamary
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 05.05.2015, 10:13:11
wow Bärbel, a nice place and the House Looks just like one would expect a cure place to look.
I am sure it gets crowded in summer at the beach.
I would join you Bukamary Walking barefoot...love it too
Now I go and have a look in your blog as well.
Thank you Bärbel, it was a lot of work you did for us all.
I am quite ashamed to be lazy about putting Photos and things in about our travels to Morocco.
At the Moment I prefer to be ashamed...hihihih

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 05.05.2015, 10:13:11
wow Bärbel, a nice place and the house looks just like one would expect a recovery place to look.
I am sure it gets crowded in summer at the beach.
I would join you Bukamary walking barefoot...love it too
Now I go and have a look in your blog as well.
Thank you Bärbel, it was a lot of work you did for us all.
I am quite ashamed to be lazy about putting fotos and things in here about our travels to Morocco.
At the moment I prefer to be ashamed...hihihih
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 04.05.2015, 16:43:45
Hello Bärbel,
this was a fine cure-holiday for sure! The place looks very nice and the sea let you dream and relax. I do hope they could help you with your knee and the rest of the "old" bones; thus you can keep up again with your youngsters.
Thanks for your good report - I enjoyed it very much!
Take care - greetings from Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 05.05.2015, 18:49:25
Hello!

Hildegard, the clinic is very big with 210 single rooms and a few double rooms. The beach is appr. 5 minutes away, immediate behind the dunes.
Rosemarie, you are right, on 31st March it snowed in the morning and I took a photo. When the sun came out the snow melted.
Voli, it must be very crowded in summer. Prerow has 1600 inhabitants and in the summertime over 20000 holidaymaker, additional some guests of the day. Can you imagine?

Bye - Bärbel

Anzeige