Mitglied

Re: Hi,Praline an answer from Regina
geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 25.08.2010, 13:47:55
Hi Regina,

as I was rather busy last week I haven`t written
until now. Twice I had some guests and had to prepare
a lot to make them feel comfortable.
Thanks for your explanation why you sold your house.
Why do you need so many cars? It sounds nice to live
together with friends - so you can help each other
if necessary. We live in a house with just one floor
with no stairs. Hopefully we can stay here even if we
are older.
Tomorrow I shall meet some of my friends coming here
for breakfast. I`m already looking forward to that
time because I`m sure we shall have much fun.
As to your proposal to sometimes write in French - we
can do so. Maybe the next time!

With kind regards,
Dörte
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: Hi,Praline Greetings Regina
geschrieben von ginabeate
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 01.09.2010, 22:42:28
Hi, Dörte,nice to read something from ( or of? )you. I understand what you mean, it is so nice to meet friends.I like it too. But there is a lot to prepare. And if the friends are gone,it is much to clean up and put away a.s.o. But being together with good friends it's worth the effort.
You ask, why we have so many cars.Well, we are 7 persons in this house. Each of us have a car. ( 3 families ) But we have enough place for parking. Next week my English course will start. In this group we only speak English. The other are much better than me.But nobody is allowed to help me. So I must try to explain what I mean till everybody know what I mean. Our teacher is very severe, or is rigid better? OK, I hope you have understood what I want to say. Today I used the first time SKYPE. Our son and his family is momentary in China. And it is so lovely if we can see us when we phone together.
Have a nice week Regina
frosch
frosch
Mitglied

Re: hallo, to everybody Regina hallo, hallo, Hi, Elisabeth
geschrieben von frosch
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 12.08.2010, 22:00:55
Hi Julchen,
I had to look twice when by chance I run in you in this forum! Even if there was not your name as a sender I had I had discovered you. You special humor makes you unmistakable. It was always such a fun to listen to you!

It's so good how you encourage the ladies to take part in the English chat, too.

Ladies, believe Julchen, her statements are true, most of us in the bistro/pub have been knowing each other since years but we welcome all new people who join us. Some of our newcomers are also still learning but I think it's a benefit for all.

And Julchen, we in the Chat are eagerly looking forward to meet you there!

Frosch

Anzeige

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: hallo, to everybody Regina hallo, hallo, Hi, Elisabeth
als Antwort auf frosch vom 12.09.2010, 22:32:54
Hi, to everybody. What happened in this English- forum. Nobody will write here. I thought, it could be a good idea to write and read here all what you have to tell. My English is bad,I have forgotten too much. Therefore I've decided to go to school again. Today was my first day in this classe. It's only a conversations course. So it's very important for me to write something from time to time. And, I am sorry, but you all are my victims because you had to read it ( or not ) Unfortunately I don't know a person to whom I could write in English. So I do it here. Our teacher is very strict to us. It is not allowed to speak a word in German. OK now, it's enough for to-day. Maybe till soon Regina
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 05.09.2010, 20:11:05
Hi Regina,

during the last time I was a bit lazy writing in this forum. But
it was a good idea from you to remind us to take part in this
forum again!
What you have written about SKYPE sounds quite interesting.
I heard about this system from my daughter. When her boy-friend
stayed for some time in South Corea they also used this way
to talk to each other. Even if you are separated by thousands
of miles you can see each other and even talk together. Many
years ago when my husband spent some time in the USA it was
even difficult to telephone. Times have changed a lot!!
How about your first day at school? What did you talk about?
I think it`s a very good practice just to talk. How many
people are in this conversation course? Where do they come
from and how old are they? These are many questions which
cou can answer! And I don`t feel like a victim...
Kind regards,
Dörte
tinamarie
tinamarie
Mitglied

geschrieben von tinamarie
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 15.09.2010, 22:23:46
Okay, I will join the conversation. When I first started learning English in school, the teacher used to yell a lot. We did not know what he was yelling, but I remember the words to this day – Be quiet you fools. That was my introduction into the English language. I can still laugh about it.

I have Skype on my computer, but do not use it much.

Regards,
tinamarie

Anzeige

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

als Antwort auf tinamarie vom 16.09.2010, 04:49:58
Hi, to you all.Just I wrote you and told about my school and so on. Suddenly my PC got black,and all I wrote was disappeared.And now I am fed up.So I'll try it to morrow again. Good night to you all,till later Regina
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 16.09.2010, 20:07:35
Hi, Dörte. how always it's a big pleasure to read something from you. And,indeed, from all the other too.
Now I'll tell you a bit from my English course. We are 15 people but mostly we are only 10-12.The teacher is a funny man. He is tall, and fat,and looks always scruffy.But he is a good teacher. Our lessons are interesting and very different.So it's never boring for us. To-morrow we will speak about Thilo Sarrazin and his book. I believe it will get a hot discussion.
It was not so easy to find such a group. But unfortunately once a week isn't enough to learn more. I do it just for fun.
Some minutes ago, I skyped with my family in China. It's so lovely to see them on the display including their cats. They are now in their new house. This house has 350 square metre and each room has his own bathroom.They have an indoor and an outdoor swimming-pool,and naturaly an own exercise room. The children go to an English and German shool not too far from the house. It's amazing, isn't it? But I think for to-day I have written enough. Till next time Regina
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 21.09.2010, 20:13:16
Hello Regina,

it seems as if you are doing a lot to learn different
languages - not only English but also French.
Did you have a hot discussion about Sarrazin and his
book? What about the other members in the course?
Why do they come there - just for fun like you do or
do they need English for their job?
I can imagine that you enjoy SKYPE. It`s a good way
to talk to your family abroad. What you are writing
about the way of life of your family sounds as if they
are favoured. Will they stay in China for a longer
time? How old are the children?

This afternoon I was invited for cake and coffee -
together with all the members of our gymnastics group -
by our trainer. For 30 years she has led this group
and for this reason we came together today. I have
not participated for such a long time - but at least
about 20 years. Once a week I go there and besides
the gymnastics we all have a lot of fun. Do you go in
for any sports?

With kind regards,
Dörte

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 22.09.2010, 23:20:15
Hi, Dörte. What about your ladies afternoon coffee? Or is coffee party better?I like such parties very much.In my group we are 8 peoples, all women ( we play golf together) and we are together very often .But not on the golf-course. At home.And if it my turn my husband run away as quickly as he can. We have rooms enough where he could stay. But he means we are too silly and too loud and our laughter one can hear for miles.
Our discussion at school was very interessting. I think, we all enjoy it. The other pupils in my classe came also just for fun. Except one man. He said he needs English for his profession.He is a journalist.For my opinion our course is too easy for him but he said our group is a funny group so he will stay with us in this course.
Dörte, I don't believe that I learn something in this course. If I leave the course I do nothing. Except, our teacher give us a homework to prepare for our next hour.
When he will show us a film on TV. Then it is better to know all the new and difficult words. I
hope you are well and enjoy your life as much as you can do.Here in Berlin and surroundings it rains cats and dogs.But,nevertheless, I have to go out.For my dog it isn't important how the wether is. He will have his walks. Have a nice week...Regina

Anzeige