ehemaligesMitglied38
ehemaligesMitglied38
Mitglied

Re: conversational English-American
geschrieben von ehemaligesMitglied38
als Antwort auf tinamarie vom 12.04.2010, 04:04:58
USA -Travelling the West
Summer 1990 - 11500 km in 4 weeks…..
Off we went from Duesseldorf Airport to Los Angeles. Not much to say about the city, we headed to the Death Valley, stayed 2 nights at the Furnace Creek Ranch and explored most the points of interests, like Zabriskie point etc. Breathtaking heat everywhere, a unbelieveable landscape …. a must to visit.Excellent food there, there we had the best steaks of the whole journey…..
No visit in the west sparing out the Grand Canyon, it is impressive , but one would not catch the whole dimensions without booking a heli flight, and so we did.
Monument valley was next, I dare to say It was even more impressive than the Grand Canyon. We drove around all the bizarre rocks and stone formations and were overwhelmed by the scenery.
Good thing was, we have had hotel reservations for every single night, all the places were fully booked-school holydays in the USA too…
The Canyonlands Utah, not so well known at that time would be next…..
to be continued…..
olivenzweig
olivenzweig
Mitglied

geschrieben von olivenzweig
als Antwort auf olivenzweig vom 12.04.2010, 03:40:18
correction: least one forgets
tinamarie
tinamarie
Mitglied

geschrieben von tinamarie
als Antwort auf ehemaligesMitglied38 vom 12.04.2010, 12:12:39
Stephan, I enjoy your travel reports.

We usually visit Death Valley the last week of February or the first week of March. It is just too hot at other times to hike or go sightseeing on foot. The winter months are very pleasant as well.

The Ranger's discourage visiting Death Valley during the summer. People underestimate the heat and don't take proper precautions. What was funny, the Ranger said German tourists come in August anyway.

The heat is on an average 120 F or 49 C during the summer months.

Anzeige

hockey
hockey
Mitglied

geschrieben von hockey
als Antwort auf olivenzweig vom 08.04.2010, 08:13:54
During an argument between Churchill and Lady Astor (they hated each other)

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"If you would be my husband I put poison into your tea"

Churchill to Lady Astor

"If you would be my wife I would drink the tea"

Greetings
Hockey
ehemaligesMitglied38
ehemaligesMitglied38
Mitglied

geschrieben von ehemaligesMitglied38
als Antwort auf ehemaligesMitglied38 vom 12.04.2010, 12:12:39
USA -Travelling the West
Summer 1990 - 11500 km in 4 weeks…..
Off we went from Duesseldorf Airport to Los Angeles. Not much to say about the city, we headed to the Death Valley, stayed 2 nights at the Furnace Creek Ranch and explored most the points of interests, like Zabriskie point etc. Breathtaking heat everywhere, a unbelieveable landscape …. a must to visit.Excellent food there, there we had the best steaks of the whole journey…..
No visit in the west sparing out the Grand Canyon, it is impressive , but one would not catch the whole dimensions without booking a heli flight, and so we did.
Monument valley was next, I dare to say It was even more impressive than the Grand Canyon. We drove around all the bizarre rocks and stone formations and were overwhelmed by the scenery.
Good thing was, we have had hotel reservations for every single night, all the places were fully booked-school holydays in the USA too…
The Canyonlands Utah, not so well known at that time would be next…..
to be continued…..
geschrieben von Stephan45

I stand corrected .... sorry, no continuation in the next future... have fun
dancelady
dancelady
Mitglied

geschrieben von dancelady
als Antwort auf olivenzweig vom 12.04.2010, 03:40:18
I lived in the Washington DC area between September 1965 until December 1972, and you're absolutely right, one of the things I missed most was the good bread. I found some *italian bread" in some stores which was a white bread with a crust, similar to the Swiss bread.
I started out as a mother's help, although I already knew English after one year in England from 1961 to 1962. I just felt like I wanted to see more of the world and I couldn't afford to just travel.
That's it for today! dancelady

Anzeige

BALA
BALA
Mitglied

geschrieben von BALA
als Antwort auf hockey vom 13.04.2010, 23:23:55
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf BALA vom 04.05.2014, 09:17:57
geschrieben von hockey am 13.04.2010 23:23 als Antwort auf olivenzweig vom 08.04.2010 08:13

During an argument between Churchill and Lady Astor (they hated each other)

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"If you would be my husband I put poison into your tea"

Churchill to Lady Astor

"If you would be my wife I would drink the tea"

Greetings
Hockey

what a shame there is no continuation here
Greetings from yoli

Anzeige