Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 20.05.2021, 14:42:57

@Virginia

Dear Virginia, 

I´m sure this picture will make you smile again. 

Best wishes, Udo

DSCN0492.JPG

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

geschrieben von Murgtäler
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 21.05.2021, 08:20:41

Hi Udo, you are a great photographer. It takes a good eye to see such marvelous motivs. I like it very much.
Regards, Manfred

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 21.05.2021, 09:52:15
@Murgtäler

Hi Manfred,

thank you for the compliment. As you probably know, such funny pictures are taken by lucky chance. I was on an unusually long  walking tour in a vast swamp area on a sunny morning when I saw a herd of white charollais cattle peacefully grazing fenced in by electric wire. As I was tired from walking I stopped for a while and watched the animals. There were several young calves. In modern ranching this is a rare sight. Usually the calves are separated from their mothers shortly after birth which I think is rather cruel. I was so pleased to see the white calves together with their mothers. So I moved on happily listening to the many birds. 

Bye. Udo

DSCN0493.JPG

Anzeige

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 21.05.2021, 08:20:41

@jacare4

Simply adorable!

Best with a big smile
Virginia

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 21.05.2021, 16:16:23

Hi Udo !
Do you live near this vaste swamp area and where would that be ? And wouldn't it be quite dangerous to walk on swamp ? Are there marked paths. Me too, I like walking in such areas.
I grew up at the edge of Black Forest near Baden-Baden and i loved it very much walking in the vast forests, it's mysterious lakes und there are swamps as well where you only kann walk on wooden paths.
Unfortently it's an at least 50km car trip to get there from where I live now.
best regards, Manfred

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 23.05.2021, 10:26:20

Dear Manfred, 

Today is Pentecost Monday. An official holiday all over Germany. So you are free to hop in your car and drive to your favourite places for walking or remember where you used to roam and feel happy when you were young. In my life I seldom went so far south as the Black Forest although I know it is one of the most beautiful areas of Germany. 

For over fifty years I have been living  in the middle of Schleswig-Holstein. Here are no mountains. The countryside is flat and much different from the Upper Rhine Valley. Many areas still show that they have been formed by the action of the ice about ten thousand year ago, especially lakes and the large swamp areas.

A lot of the swamp areas have been used as grass fields for the cattle and sheep. However a lot of such fields have recently been taken out of agricultural usage and retransformed into wetlands. Usually it is no good idea to get off the paths which normally are good for walking. If you leave such paths you may not only get wet shoes, socks, trousers, you may get lost, sink completely in. Nobody will ever find you if you need help or must be rescued. It may happen that you will be found in three thousand years from now and your mummified body will be taken to a museum and be admired by shocked and horrified visitors, mostly schoolchildren. You can see such swampcorpses in the Nydam Hall of the Museum Gottorf in Schleswig. 

Enjoy your Pentecost Monday. Udo

Anzeige

Murgtäler
Murgtäler
Mitglied

als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 24.05.2021, 08:24:43

Hi Udo !
You won't believe it but I was there !!! There where ? Some Years ago my wife und I spent our summerholydays in Schleswig-Holsteinin. We were staying in the Malente -area. We were by car, so we could nicely explore parts of your homeland. And one day we visited Schloß Gottorf with its famous Swampcorpses. I still remember this "girl from the swamps" with its red hair. Am I right ? An I also still remember how my wife was scared by those corpses so she went out and waited for me outside. And if I remember well the same day we visited the Vikink-museum near by.
I liked it very much your homeland and I think it's a shame its so far from where I live.
best regards
Manfred

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 03.11.2019, 12:33:31

Hello Yoli,
how interesting to have a new knee joint made by a 3-D-computer! 
In Switzerland they are really good in medicine. And to have the operation now is a good thing: so you can practise walking in light shoes and easy clothes afterwards.
I wish you successful results!
Love from Rosemarie

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf Murgtäler vom 24.05.2021, 09:33:24
Hello Manfred, 

sorry I am late answering your confession that you know most of the best places in S-H. Last week I was busy travelling to other nice places mostly near the west coast. Best of all is the Glockenberg. Sure, it can´t be compared with the Black Forest mountains and it is much smaller. I think its peak is only about 120 ft above sea level. And actually it is full of garlic smell. This is due to a plant which is flowering in these days. It is leek, I don´t know the exact English name, my translation would be bearleek. Perhaps you know this plant because you love running in your area. And I know there is lots of this nasty smelling plant in the Kaiserstuhl hills. On Saturday my son and his wife came to see us and  they took us by car to the Glockenberg. I was a wonderful excursion. 

Did you go anywhere recently?

Best regards. Udo

DSCN0039.JPG
Toni Mahrony
Toni Mahrony
Mitglied

geschrieben von Toni Mahrony
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.11.2019, 18:28:08

👋hello Yoli...

i am Peter, trust me, like to send you  little greetings.
sorry  my english is not so good.
15 years ago, i have my last conversation?

hope you can readet?
i know, much mistakes, but i need more vokables but it's so lasy(langweilig) to learn allone...
it is not funny.

So have a nice day and all the best
to you...
tschau Peter🤗🤩😁😁
from North Aeria...

Anzeige