(African Proverb)

Malinka
Malinka
Mitglied

RE: Words of Wisdom
geschrieben von Malinka
An old man meets a young man who asks:
“Do you remember me?”
And the old man says no. Then the young man tells him he was his student, And the teacher asks:
“What do you do, what do you do in life?”
The young man answers:
“Well, I became a teacher.”
“Ah, how good, like me?” Asks the old man.
“Well, yes. In fact, I became a teacher because you inspired me to be like you.”
The old man, curious, asks the young man at what time he decided to become a teacher. And the young man tells him the following story:
“One day, a friend of mine, also a student, came in with a nice new watch, and I decided I wanted it.
I stole it, I took it out of his pocket.
Shortly after, my friend noticed his watch was missing and immediately complained to our teacher, who was you.
Then you addressed the class saying, ‘This student's watch was stolen during classes today. Whoever stole it, please return it.’
I didn't give it back because I didn't want to.
You closed the door and told us all to stand up and form a circle.
You were going to search our pockets one by one until the watch was found.
However, you told us to close our eyes, because you would only look for his watch if we all had our eyes closed.
We did as instruct.
You went from pocket to pocket, and when you went through my pocket, you found the watch and took it. You kept searching everyone's pockets, and when you were done you said ‘open your eyes. We have the watch.’
You didn't tell on me and you never mentioned the episode. You never said who stole the watch either. That day you saved my dignity forever. It was the most shameful day of my life.
But this is also the day I decided not to become a thief, a bad person, etc. You never said anything, nor did you even scold me or take me aside to give me a moral lesson.
I received your message clearly.
Thanks to you, I understood what a real educator needs to do.
Do you remember this episode, professor?
The old professor answered, ‘Yes, I remember the situation with the stolen watch, which I was looking for in everyone’s pocket. I didn't remember you, because I also closed my eyes while looking.’
This is the essence of teaching:
If to correct you must humiliate; you don't know how to teach.”
Malinka
Malinka
Mitglied

geschrieben von Malinka
succ.jpg

Anzeige

Achill
Achill
Mitglied

geschrieben von Achill
als Antwort auf Malinka vom 28.02.2024, 13:58:12

Sorry thats rubbish. You never should compare success to satisfaction. As very often success is satisfaction. And nothing else.A successful life - may be satisfaction.  

Malinka
Malinka
Mitglied

geschrieben von Malinka
als Antwort auf Achill vom 04.03.2024, 09:07:19
Sorry thats rubbish. You never should compare success to satisfaction. As very often success is satisfaction. And nothing else.A successful life - may be satisfaction.  
A very nice good morning to you too and a pleasant start to the week, sir. We are simply quoting wise words and quotes from others here, but we are not discussing them. But you are welcome to open a discussion on the topic of what the difference is between success and satisfaction. But maybe you had neither one nor the other, or why do you write so rudely?

have a nice day
Malinka
Malinka
Mitglied

geschrieben von Malinka
“Don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown. 
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.”

Anzeige

Malinka
Malinka
Mitglied

geschrieben von Malinka

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
Take envy out of a character
and it lives
great possibilities
for friendship

Elisabeth B.Custer
skys