Forum Fremdsprachen English Answer a question and ask another one

English Answer a question and ask another one

Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

Answer a question and ask another one
geschrieben von Federstrich
I've had a brainwave: what do you all think about a separate thread with the title: "Answer a question and ask another one"? The idea is that one person asks a question about anything. S/he who wants to answer it does so but is only allowed to do that if s/he leaves a new question behind to keep the conversation going? I can imagine that we can learn a great deal about one another and, in addition, it may be appealing if you don't want to or haven't got time to contribute to the other threads where other or "meatier" issues are discussed.
Ideally, the answer to any question asked should not be just a "Yes" or "No" but should include a reason or short explanation. So there is always a "WHY" implied. You can practise your English with a few sentences written every other day.

Questions can be across the board. Examples:
Do you like attending class reunions? When was the last one?
Would describe yourself as a person who likes planning ahead or are you more spontaneous?
Have you ever been hit by a thunderstorm?
What is it that you still want to do but haven't got round to yet?

etc.pp. Anything you can think of.

So, to get started, my first question would be this one:
Do you like attending class reunions? When was the last one?
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

Re: Answer a question and ask another one
geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 23.07.2015, 18:01:25
Hello Federstrich,
your idea about a thread with this title sounds quite interesting.

Well, 1992 and1993 was the last time I attended a class reunion (different schools). A few years ago I got an Invitation, but couldn’t take part and since then I never was invited again.
I had to change schools quite a lot so it wasn´t easy for me to get integrated into a class, especially here in Germany. I guess there are a few other reasons too, e.g. I was quite a bit older, I had other interests and I've always been an individualist.
I hardly had any contact to my classmates, so it doesn`t bother me all too much. It´s a bit different about school time in PNG. But attending a class reunion there is impossible. But that is perhaps a more nostalgically feeling.
That should do.
And now my Question (I’ve got so many) but o.k.:
What do you think about enviousness , jealousy? Do you know that feeling?
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf bukamary vom 24.07.2015, 10:24:43

What do you think about enviousness , jealousy? Do you know that feeling?

Hello bukamary, thanks for your optimistic feedback.

Since you have so many questions and since no-one has responded so far, I feel you shouldn't be kept waiting for too long.

My answer is no. And the reason is that I have always been Fritzian-minded or, in other words, "Mer muss och jünne könne", as the Rhinelanders have put it their "Welfare Act". Perhaps this is possible because I'm mentally at peace with myself and would consider myself to be well-balanced. That may have to do with achievement and what one has been through, and that has been quite a lot.

My question:
With reference to biorhythm would you say you are an owl or a lark?

Fedi

Anzeige

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 25.07.2015, 07:54:51
Hello @all,

the question was "lark or owl"

In former times I was an owl. I had problems to get up in the morning when the alarm clock woke me up.
Now I´m a lark. I like to get up early in the morning, do my housework and so on.
After lunch I offen take a little nap. I need it for a well-being.

Bärbel

My question: Are you feeling a bit under the weather?

BTW: Fedi, it´s a good idea to open this thread.
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 25.07.2015, 13:19:14
Hello Bärbel,

And how! Yesterday, for example, it was very hot with a high humidity. That causes me partly painful reactions in my joints and muscles. That can even mean that I can´t write or cut anything. The temperature is not the decisive factor, it´s the high humidity. So that means it can always happen. I guess I should better move to the Sahara.

Now the next Question : Are you easily confused?

Now I´m a lark.

Bärbel, how did you manage that? I´ve always been an owl and I believe I´ll stay that for the rest of my life. I don´t know what I tried to change it but simply nothing worked. Every now and then I get the feeling that tis world is not very friendly to (human)owls.

Havea nice day. tempreture is quite pleasant now and very windy. but i realy love wind

Hildegard
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf bukamary vom 25.07.2015, 15:55:15

Now the next Question : Are you easily confused?

I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly. Confused in which context? Embarrassed, stunned, absentminded, scatterbrained, irritated?...I'd need an example.
Generally speaking, I don't think I am any of these at the moment. Thank God. I'm afraid I couldn't afford to be because I have to concentrate at work. If I were confused, I couldn't do the job any more. I wouldn't mind, though, because I don't want to work at all, to put it mildly. I'm really looking forward to my retirement but those idiots just don't want to let me go.
What I have noticed, however, is that I get tired way sooner than some years ago. I need regular breaks, more than I'm allowed to have. This could also be a hazard at work.

Next question:
If you have to make a(n)(important) decision, do you make it without delay or do you tend to postpone it?

Fedi

Anzeige

bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 26.07.2015, 11:48:54
f you have to make a(n)(important) decision, do you make it without delay or do you tend to postpone it?
Well Fedi, I usualy make my decisions withaout delay, as soon as I´ve got all important informations I need. But sometimes I believe it can be helpfull not actually to postpone but to take time to make your decision. I´m actually just in the Situation having to make a very important decision. Eventhough I´ve got all the informations I need, I´m still not sure how I will decide, especially if you´ve got to choose between different options. I suppose I´ve got to consult my pillow for a few more nights until I know what to do.
At least that´s my experience that it is sometiomes better to take time for really important things.

And now the next question:
Do you prefer a certain season/time of the year (including the 5. season) and why?Is there a special reason for you?

have a nice time
Hildegard
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 27.07.2015, 02:12:34
Zitat von bukamary: Do you prefer a certain season/time of the year and why? Is there a special reason for you?

I think every season has it´s charm or attractiveness, although spring is the best for me. I feel a bit better - it´s the period of the year when nature is awakening, all the trees start to grow new leaves, the garden is full of flowers. After a long dark period you can go outside, it´s getting warmer.
I don´t like the 5. season very much.

Next question: Would you something change in your life, if you had an opportunity to turn back?
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 27.07.2015, 17:00:41
Hi @ all
What is
Fritzian-minded?

Whom it may interest…*g*
I do like the autumn for the beautiful colours

I would be a lark but enjoy lying in bed in the morning until I am an owl.. hihi

I make my decisions on the spur of the moment sort of spontaneously

Yes Maxi my dear I would chance a few things in my life because it does not always work to be too spontaneously.

Now my question
Do you believe in equality for both human sexes and
What have you done to prove it if the answer is yes
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf yoli vom 28.07.2015, 17:39:38
Hi @ all What is Fritzian-minded? Whom it may interest…*g*
geschrieben von yoli

Hi, yoli, you want an educated guess? Nobody. Anyway, "you can be helped". This is a commonly used term referring to the Prussian King Frederick II whose maxim it was "to live and let live". I used this term figuratively in my answer to bukamary to underline that I'm not envious of other people's lives, their achievements and possessions and that I enjoy a life full of Dionysian serenity.
(BTW, I'll get back to all your other queries and comments soon.)
Fedi

Anzeige