Forum Fremdsprachen English Answer a question and ask another one

English Answer a question and ask another one

Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

Re: Answer a question and ask another one
geschrieben von Federstrich
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 10.08.2015, 18:42:07
And therefore here is the next question: What would you do to it in order to avoid the lot going to a fleemarket or even the trash?

I'm afraid I'm less optimistic about it and don't have a tip either. I have my doubts if younger people will take a genuine interest in all that stuff and music. Some will but there aren't many of them around, I guess. And even if your kids would not chuck things away, they would only do so because their parents had cherished these things and not because they are interested in them themselves.

Any generation has got their music which they grow up with. And the majority, as a rule, does not listen to the music of their parents. "It sounds so eighties" and the like you will hear from them. A minority may go back in time and listen to other stuff but temporarily and occasionally only. I have heard of fans who love the sound of vinyl records but, in comparison, they seem to be few and far between. What might help a little is when old music is made avialable using the latest formats, i.e. mp3 and the like, free of charge.

I personally admit that as long as I go out to work I just don't seem to have the time to really sit down, lean back, and listen to the old stuff on record. So I started digitalising (vinyl) records so that I can hear them while driving. But that, too, is time-consuming if the quality of the recording is not to deteriorate. Maybe I'll think differently about it all when I really have ample time on my hands.

Here's my next question (if no one wants to reply to the last one any more)

What place would you call your home?
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 18.08.2015, 12:52:30
Thank you Federstrich for thinking of a suitable answer. But this is not very encourageing as you know. I even have good old venyl records from the 1920th: e.g. Jelly Roll Morton and so on - the early Jazz groups. We even once bought a very expensive record-player which can play all sorts of records including venyl.
I am music-adicted and my heart aches thinking of my described problem
I really m u s t find a solution...

As to your question: What place would you call your home?

Spontanuously I would answer: It is where my husband and I built our house, where we grew up our children and where we have been living now for 35 years.
But digging a bit deaper I believe it is the outskirts of Munich, where my ancesters had lived for over 200 years and where I was born and grown up. It used to be a wonderful place, but it has changed a lot since Munich is expanding so much. Now my son lives there and is very happy with the place, because he doesn't know the former situation. Well, that's life, and it is alright.

Next question: What the hell is "Blur" and how did it enter my computer asking me for my different passwords ever< time? I hate it and never answer it. But until now I didn't succeed in unloading it.
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf rose42 vom 18.08.2015, 13:30:21

Next question: What the hell is "Blur" and how did it enter my computer asking me for my different passwords ever< time? I hate it and never answer it. But until now I didn't succeed in unloading it.

Hi Rosemary,

I'm sorry if my answer sounds kind of gloomy to you. I just wanted to be realistic. Let's wait for some more answers. Maybe someone else has got a different view. The only thing I can think of in your case is to try selling your treasures on Ebay or other platforms to connoisseurs and enthusiasts who really appreciate them and may be willing to pay a decent price.

As for your question on "Blur", honestly, I don't have the faintest idea of what a "blur" is. You did not describe it. Google tells me it may be a computer game? Then you should be able to deinstall it.

For the others, we still have at least two current questions to choose from. Answering an earlier one, if it is of interest and if I'm not mistaken, is of course possible, too.

What the hell is "Blur"?
What place would you call your home?

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 18.08.2015, 15:03:19
still with Fedi's question. FO
or me it is still Dorset where I spent the most important years of my life.

I let someone capable answer your question Rosemarie about blur. As far as I am informed it is a ccar racing game??
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf yoli vom 18.08.2015, 15:22:30
FO
or me it is still Dorset where I spent the most important years of my life.
geschrieben von yoli

Wow, Yoli, that's quite an unexpected answer. So you must be eager to regularly go back to that place.
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 18.08.2015, 18:01:51
thats true and you know absence makes the heart grow fonder. But it is a lovely area called New Forest.There I had beautiful rides on horseback and walks in pure nature.

Anzeige

bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 18.08.2015, 15:03:19
I remember Blur as a rock band. As far as I know in the early 90ties, perhaps a bit earlier and to my knowledge before that the group was called Seymour, I´m not quite sure, I´d have to google.
What place would you call your home? I´m thinking about this question since a long time and there are always two words coming to my mind – homeless bound. And in a sort of a way I feel exactly like that and it seems to feel right.

bukamary
Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

als Antwort auf bukamary vom 21.08.2015, 14:37:26
Hello Hildegard,

It seems the question of what one would call one's home has now spread over two threads. I'm going to answer it here in this one knowing that it actually doesn't matter where.

Thanks for your reply both here and in the other thread. I read it with great interest. Calling yourself "homeless bound" is a bit unusual indeed but it seems to be very much to the point in your case. It's another reply (after Yoli's) which one would not "normally" expect as an answer.

What made me come up with that question was that I was wondering whether one's home is necessarily the place where one was born or whether it is possible to identify (with) a different place as well. Well, your answers show, it is.
Fedi

Next question:
Do you trust doctors?
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 11.08.2015, 17:10:28
Hi, here is ginabeate speaking, I only will answer your very easy question. I never trust a doc. I can tell you stories about docs you wouldn't believe it. Unfortunatly my Englsh isn't good enough to explain it in greater details.

Now my question: very easy to answer for everyone : What do you like most in the ST ?????????
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 21.08.2015, 19:06:25
Sorry, my answer isn't from Maxi 11. 08. but from Fedi 21.08. OK?? Sorry,sorry!!

Anzeige