Forum Fremdsprachen English Answer a question and ask another one

English Answer a question and ask another one

Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

Re: Answer a question and ask another one
geschrieben von Federstrich
als Antwort auf yoli vom 04.08.2015, 22:19:11
it does not seem to be very popular this question and answer game.
geschrieben von yoli

Hi Yoli, are you sure? Could be that the jury is still out on this one. OK, I'll try and kiss this thread back to life. )

Here's my next question:
How do you react in both cases when you are queuing up, say, at a cash till or elsewhere and someone is trying to jump the queue a bit farther away or directly in front of you?
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 05.08.2015, 09:49:00
If it is a worker I would waiting patiently. Maybe the worker has only a break and need something for eating.
Otherwise I want to complain and ask "why". I seldom have a row It´s never good.

Next question: What sort of music do you like?
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
I would have to smile because it seems they are in a hurry. I usually let younger people go ahead of me because I assume like Bärbel that they are still in the working process. But I could be sarcastic as well and ask if they are in a hurry.
It would be nice to get some more answers here.

I get back to Bärbels question later...promised

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 05.08.2015, 20:15:12
I sang for many years in a choir from the Ticino. The repertoire was mainly dialect songs.
My husband and I sing often together Ticino dialect songs which he also learned in the same choir..
I like big choirs and Folk music.
I am a Beatle fan and Oldies from that time.
All sort of music with deep meaning texts.

I wait with the next question. I would like to know if any one else has answers to the above questions.
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
My reactions can be very different, depending on my mood, weather I´m in a hurry or not, how the person pushing, behaves, or what this person says and how. Just yesterday I made this experience once again. A young lady just thought she had to push and stoped in front of me, turned around and her statement – not question – was, that I certainly don`t mind. I was already pissed off because of the heat and the severe backache was just letting me go crazy. My answer was, that I mind very much. Her face turned red and she got back to the end of the row. I certainly was a little bit devilish. But I felt better then.

bukamary
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 09.08.2015, 04:27:13
HI Hildegard
nice to see you here...I can just imagine you...I would have reacted in the same way. It is different if I offer or if they just take. Take care..how are you otherwise? Still awake or pushing night shift?

Anzeige

bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf yoli vom 06.08.2015, 11:52:44
I love music too: Jazz, soul, blues and gospel. Rock is something I like to hear, especially the oldies. I love music from the Middle Age and Gregorian Chants and the classic music. I often prefer composers such as Smetana, Vivaldi, and Dvorak. Grieg, just as well as Bach, Beethoven and Brahms. To tell the truth I´m not fond of Wagner and Mozart, I must not hear the German “ Schlager” and “volkstümliche” music. Traditional folk music is absolutely o.k. for me.
As far as I can see, a new question is still missing. Yoli, I´m not sure wether , you wanted to ask? If so, just forget my question

Well here it comes:
What do you think about going to a Cosmetic Surgeon? Even men seem to get more interested about getting things done making them look younger!

bukamary

@ yoli
"Still awake or pushing night shift?" - that was pushing the night shift, another tme I´m awake again. You remember, I´m an owl, and I love owls. the first time a saw an owl I was quiet surprised about their size. I thought them a lot smaller.
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 10.08.2015, 18:03:08
Hi Hildegard,
It's seldom enough, that someone has exactly the same taste of music as I have. Here you are...See my next question further down.
My house is full of wonderful redords and CDs for every mood.

Now to your question: When I look into a mirrow (head to toe) I must agree, there would be a lot to do for a Cosmetic Surgeon. But: I think I wouldn't feel being myself if altered altogether. And so - I just remain as I am - my husband accepts me like I am and my friends do as well. So, what for?

I bother a lot, what will happen to my very numerous and valuable collection of records and CDs when I am gone. And therefore here is the next question: What would you do to it in order to avoid the lot going to a fleemarket or even the trash?
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 10.08.2015, 18:42:07
Rosemarie, that´s a good question.

I hope so my children and grandchildren don´t put my records and CDs into the rubbish. There are classical music and I would be very sad if they do it, as well books. I often ask my children and grandchildren what they like but at the moment nobody has interest.
Above all the books. My bookcase is overloaded. Sometimes I give books away.

I want to wait with the next question. Maybe any one has another reply.

Bärbel
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 11.08.2015, 17:10:28
Hello Folks

I forgot to write that I love trad Jazz and Gospel as well.
Your question Rosemarie I do understand. I used to have the displeasure to clear the rooms of patients where I worked. The relatives often had to compassion to keep something whch was important to the deceased person. For instance, one gentleman did a lot of trekking and had maps and written routes all nicely ordered and collected. They put it all in trash bag. I asked to be able to offer it to some interested person in the nursing home. It gave still a lot of pleasure to many.
As far as I am concerned I have a whole case full of poems I wrote myself. Quite personal words are most of them so I will chuck them away when I don’t read them myself anymore.
When I had my first hip operation I gave away a lot of things. My sister died 3 weeks after her hip operation so I thought I would take care in advance. I managed to give a lot of pleasure to a lot of people at that time. That was in 1999. 10 years later with the second hip I did not have a lot to give away. On the other hand my husband collects just about everything. That trains me to keep at little as possible. You could copy some of the nice works and start making presents of the copies to people you know will appreciate that Rosemarie.

I let others answer that question first and maybe someone else has a good question.

Anzeige