Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf ehemaliges Mitglied vom 15.07.2020, 17:59:12

Dear Frau Holle
You said a Nurse too. I take it of course, that you as well are a nurse. It will be interesting to compare things. I did my nurses training in England. It took 3 years for the basic. I could call myself an SRN then :-)
I had to wait to get started until I was 18 yrs. of age.
You a very welcome here and we all love to read you.
Take care
Love Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 15.07.2020, 18:07:22

There you go Rose. Let’s do a few mountains together. Smile.. Maybe in our next life.
I am very proud of myself do have nearly been up on the Kilimanjaro.
I said nearly because just 800 metres underneath the peak I had to turn around.
At the height of 5600 metres I had an awful bout of diarrhoea.
But all in all it was a great experience.
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 18.07.2020, 22:35:08

To reach the heigth of 5600m is an outstanding achievement - Congratulations!

The highest I ever got was a bit more than 3.000 - it was by cablecar up to the Swiss Jungfraujoch.
And when I got off the cabin I suddenly felt ever so dizzy because of the height! I had to get hold on any fixed point and wait about 15 minutes before I could walk on - but then it was magnificent and I will never forget the feeliing to be on top of the world!
And there is another situation I always will remember:  With us there were three young guys looking quite unusual to me with their threaded hair and rotten clothes. But they asked us friendly if we would accept them listening to some music. And they played - and I first time  heard - "In the sommertime..."
I was taken by the music - it makes you feel high with sunny mood.
It's good memory for me to start the today's Sunday.
Love from Rosemarie

Anzeige

Sila
Sila
Mitglied

geschrieben von Sila
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 19.07.2020, 08:17:26

Wow, Yoli, congratulations. The highest I ever made it to was the Alphubel above Saas Fee, 4206 Meter. Rose42, I was on Jungfraujoch just recently with friends. I also had to walk slowly, but the views are just simply spectacular.

Hello everyone, I am new here, a good friend of Yoli's. Though we have never met personally, we've known each other for a while from two different forums and from several phone conversations.

I live in Inner Switzerland, I have two children, a husband, and one granddaughter. I've traveled quite a lot, and I've had a full life, doing whatever crossed my path at the time.

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Sila vom 19.07.2020, 09:14:20

Welcome, Sila - it's nice to have one more penfriend from Switzerland!  Have a good Sunday today!
Rosemarie

Sila
Sila
Mitglied

geschrieben von Sila
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 19.07.2020, 09:24:08

Hello Rosemarie, I love roses, too, and had a beautiful large rose garden which I recently had to give up because we sold our house. I am not too unhappy about this, because I can still see it from my balcony, and can also visit whenever I like. Plus I do not have the work, which was getting too much for me at my age.

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Sila vom 19.07.2020, 09:29:15

What a pity! I don't know, if I could ever do without our garden. We have arranged and planted it considering that we some time we might not be able to do all the work with it. 
Aren't you suffering when looking at 'your' house? We are 77 and 78 and don't need any help yet. And then
we intend to give order to somebody who wants to make a bit of money. 
But - this is a very individual decision -  have a good time in your comfortable flat!
Bye for now - Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Dear Friends
We have now a lovely lady who joined us here.  Sila WELLCOME!
We now are quite a number of ladies and gents here. I have a problem. It would be nice if a conversation were open for ALL to take part. I now tend to use the  Themenübersicht Neuen Beitrag erstellen to find right at the satr top of the thread side.
I  have not heard from jacare4  (Udo) and Virginia, just to mention a few. Are you folks OK? xxx
We are off now to have a little bike tour.  Weather is not too hot. So off we go
Take care all of you
Love Yoli

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia

Dear Yoli, dear @all,

I'm still around 😊. These last weeks, I have been spending quite a lot of time getting to know a new image editing program and then getting into "composing". It's a bit strenuous and takes up a lot of time.

Everything else is ok. - old age permitting 😊.

Best,
Virginia

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 19.07.2020, 09:44:01

Hi, Rosemarie, I am relatively new here in this Forum and in this thread. My english is not too good, but I am in the mood to chattering around a little, so I will do my best - and hope you will understand 😊

I have got a "Schrebergarten", when I was 67 and moved from Munich to  Thuringia. So, you see, I still have to learn a lot. And I would like to have it a fiew more years.

May be, you like to tell me more about your garden? - I would be very pleased, really!

Kirsty

Anzeige