Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, Piglet, nice to read something of you. My English is more than bad because I never need it. Not more. And honestly! I am too lazy to write in English. Most of my English knowledge I have forgotten,so that I must look into a dictionary.
But today I'll make an exceptional because I bid wellcome you.

Very long ago ( nearly 40 years ) I spend ( or written with "t" as you can see,I've forgotten the easiest things) 4 weeks in Bangor. For learning Englisch. It was such a lovely and gaily time. It was a groupe of different people. From all over the world.
And I can't never believe it by myself, at the end of this time I had passed my excamination with good notes. Very long ago.

But now to you. I wish you a very nice and pleasant time here ; in this forum. Surely you'll have a lot of pleasure.

I think, I wrote enough for today and wellcome in the St. Greetings to you and all the other writer in the English forum
Regina
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf Piglet vom 26.10.2014, 13:07:21
Hello Piglet,

Welcome to the English forum. I´m glad that you indroduce yourself.

I´m still a beginner. I never learned English at school. I grow up in the east part of Germany and there were teached Russian.
I have never been to an English speaking country, and there are no opportunity to speak English. Surely I make some mistakes, therefore I´m pleased if you correct me.
May I ask a question? Why did you find the ST (or the English-forum?) a little intimidating and confusing?

Greetings, Bärbel
Angeli44
Angeli44
Mitglied

geschrieben von Angeli44
als Antwort auf Piglet vom 26.10.2014, 13:07:21
Hi Piglet! Welcome to our English-Thread. Nice you‘re here now. By the way: For a while I was working as a teacher for German language and my problem is to speak (and write) a correct English! Perhaps we can discuss some interesting topics together here. I would be delighted.

Anzeige

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf Angeli44 vom 27.10.2014, 17:55:52
Hi altogether,
Today it´s not only Halloween but also Reformation Day. It´s a religious holiday in Protestant federal states. Martin Luthers 95 Theses, which he nailed to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg in 1517, unleashed the Reformation. This day we remember of the Reformation, particulary by Lutheran and some reformed church communities.
Nevertheless in the evening children in costume will stay in front of the door asking for candy. That´s a lot of fun for the kids.
Have a nice weekend,
Bärbel
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 31.10.2014, 16:19:04
a sunny hello @ all
How nice to see more people in this thread. I excuse maself, as I am away travelling with a camper in Spain and later Morocco. I have 30 Minutes a day in which I can be online. Reading my mail is often just enough. I love to just read here a bit and if time allows send a greeting. Rose and Bärbel know me. Please keep up the good work here.
Take care
love Yoli
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf yoli vom 01.11.2014, 11:03:49
Hi, altogether,
Today is a happy day! We are celebrating the 25th anniversity of the fall of the Berlin Wall. It was the most significant event in recent German history and the turning point in the struggle against Communism in Eastern Europe.
Many exhibitions an events will take place.
I remember the day with happiness.
Greetings, Bärbel

Anzeige

dancelady
dancelady
Mitglied

Re: English chat in the pub/bistro Sunday evenings 21 hrs
geschrieben von dancelady
For many years we have been chatting in English every Sunday evening at 21 hrs (Europe time) till 22 hrs.
A while ago, we changed the chat time to 18 hrs on request of some ladies. But, sorry to say, we didn't really gain any new chat friends, but we lost some of the "old" chat buddies from overseas because of the early hour.
Therefore we are going back to the usual time for us, 21 hrs till 22 hrs. and hope that we will recover some old friends and gain new ones at the same time. We welcome anybody who would like to join us. Your English doesn't have to be perfect. We're glad to help if desired! We hope to meet some of you next Sunday, Nov. 12
in the pub/bistro at 21 hrs.
Yvonne and Doris
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

Re: English chat in the pub/bistro Sunday evenings 21 hrs
geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf dancelady vom 14.11.2014, 15:33:13
Hi altogether,
The time 21 to 22pm is a little inopportune for me. If I have time I itended to come - any time soon.
With great regret Angeli44 abandoned the ST - what a pity! I don´t know why. She gave me her private mail and surely she will express her dismay. I should give to piglet and the others her regards.
Greetings, Bärbel
dancelady
dancelady
Mitglied

geschrieben von dancelady
Hi Bärbel,
It would be great if you could find the time to join us in the pub for the chat on Sunday. We had to change the time back to 21 hrs for the sake of our friends from overseas. I hope to meet you soon, and maybe some other English speaking friends. Regards Yvonne
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf dancelady vom 21.11.2014, 08:38:13
Hi Yvonne,
Next Sunday I want to join the Chatroom later again - because of the TV-evening.

To Yoli: I´m thinking of you. Are you in Morocco again? What´s the weather like? The weather forecaster is reporting Friday 28th to be the wettest day. The other days there were heavy rain. The rainstorm caused some flooding. I hope your stay isn´t on the shore of the Atlantic and you are o.k.

To all of you - have a nice Advent 1st.

Regards Bärbel

Anzeige