English Purpose of this subforum

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 03.09.2015, 08:10:15
Hello Yoli,
Yesterday you sent me some news. I wanted to answer it and suddenly it was completely gone. I suppose I hit the button to delete instead of archive!?! I just remempber you were missing contributions from me. Well, fact is that I am awfully busy these days and could not think of any sensible contribution.
Only thing I do with the ST is that I read sometimes in the forum what all of you write and I enjoy the perfect English of Federstrich. He uses idioms which I easily understand but talking or writing I can never think of by myself.
On the other hand I am so disgussed by politics. I have a very pointed view of all that's going on but I don't feel good enough informed to open my opinion in public. We discuss a lot privately and do this quite contrarely, too.

@ Bärbel: It must have been wonderful to relax in Bad Kreuznach. We have never been to that region but it sounds great. Last week of September we shall spend a weekend in Würzburg. I'm looking forward to see the famous paintings of Tiepolo in the Residenz's staircase and we have tickets for the wine tasting Saturday night. But before that I have still a lot to manage and will be here in ST only for few moments at a time.
So - have a good time - see you again some time in the future.
Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf yoli vom 03.09.2015, 08:10:15
Hello Yoli,

have you packed everthing for your trip? Are you going back to where you were last year? I wish you a good trip, good weather and a lot of joy. Come back healthy.

Love, Bärbel
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 25.08.2015, 13:13:05
Hello Fedi,
That was not very polite of me letting you wait that long time for an answer. But there were quite a few reasons, for me to quit writing for a while or at least be cautious. I can only apologize and try to beware of that in the future, but I won´t promise that.

I don`t remember when I saw a mosaic the first time, I guess it was about middle of the sixties. But I remember being very fascinated. Most of all it was the fact, that so many tiny pieces of different colors would make a wonderful picture. Theoretically I learnt all about the different techniques, but didn´t have the faintest idea trying it myself. Shortly after I retired I nearly stumbled over a flyer announcing a mosaic –courses nearby. I at least wanted to make a try. And now I´m still doing it. Once in the year I´ll take part in a course, just for fun and having the chance to talk with others about the experiences they made.

My mosaics are of course not that accurate and spectacular, as the ones you see in buildings, churches, gardens etc. I make my own patterns, mostly abstract and sometimes it´s only just playing with colors and different materials.

BTW my favorite ice parlor is still open. I´ve still got four weeks to get some ice cream and I certainly will do that.

bukamary

Anzeige

Federstrich
Federstrich
Mitglied

geschrieben von Federstrich
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 12.09.2015, 12:18:55
Hi bukamary,

Good to hear from you again. Don't worry, there's clearly no need to apologise. I guess no one can promise anything, for we all may have our reasons for abstaining from writing. However, we also know that if communication keeps dragging on and becomes too scattered, this section will be as dead as a doornail like it used to be for some time. It might take a joint effort to keep this section going with Yoli being away for some time. Well, let's roll.

Thanks for telling me/us about what I may call your hobby. Yes, make your dreams come true. Each time I hear or read that someone, after a long time of longing for it, managed to pursue a hobby once s/he has retired, it puts a smile on my face. I assume there is room at home where you can do it because such a hobby probably takes up more space than reading a book or doing needlework.
I'll write more about my hobbies in the other thread answering ginabeate's question.
Enjoy the ice cream. Will do as well.

Fedi
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Federstrich vom 13.09.2015, 14:23:36
It might take a joint effort to keep this section going

I just thought I’d have more time to write a few more contributions but somebody seemed to disagree. I had to organize a workshop held on Saturday. 19.09. Two of the four experts canceled the first one about two weeks ago, the second war two days ago. I guess you can imagine what I was feeling like. Knowing that a lot of people were still on holiday I didn´t believe I would find an adequate alternative. But I had a lot of luck. The workshop can start tomorrow.

bukamary
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 18.09.2015, 14:10:35
Hello bukamary, hello @all,

I hope you had managed the workshop with success last weekend. What sort of workshop was it? I suppose It was a mosaic one, wasn´t?
Have you an extra room for your hobby?
I used to be in a ceramic course. I made figures and container of clay. I had a lot of fun.

Rosemarie spent the weekend in Würzburg. Maybe she tell us about her trip and the paintings of Tiepolo in the Residenz´s staircase. It must be mighty!

In the evening I won´t be in the chat.

Greetings, Bärbel

Anzeige

bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 27.09.2015, 16:39:13
Hi Bärbel and all the others,

I just had a look into the bistro, two users were there, but they didn´t seem to want to chat with me , so I left again.

The Workshop last weekend had nothing to do with mosaic. It was about Alzheimer. The attendance could have been better. It´s very difficult to encourage people to take part, it´s still tabooed.
But it was OK.

I usually make my mosaic outdoors, that that means Ican only do it during part of the year. I´m just looking for a possibility to heat a cellar room, i could go on working there. It would be no problem if I´d work with the mosaic-stones you can buy. But the way I´m doinbg it means a lot of dirt.
I judt had to laugh. I visited a ceramic course also. I will start again end of October, I hope so at least.

I had to think aboout Rosemarie too. Writing about Würzburg she remembered me about some very nice but in the meantime also whistful experiences and memories.It´s long ago and since then I´ve never been back to Würzburg

I wish you a nice week and have a good time
buksmary

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 27.09.2015, 20:26:58

Hello to you all, nice to notice that we still have a thread and things are being told that are new to some of us.
Hildegard.. your hobby would interest me a lot. I did Speckstein work. I had some nice sculptures made, but most of them stayed as a present all over the world. Do you sell your work Hildegard?
We are on the road since the 12th of Sept. We took 5 days to get to Valencia. Here we stayed 5 days. What a beautiful town,
Sorry no Pictures, but all of you are able to give into the wiki the town and see pictures. Believe me, they are far more professional that ours. If I find something special, of course I will let it have you. We stay here until the 4th. of Oct. Afterwards we move on past Torreviejo, Cabo de Gato towards Mazzaron. That is a beautiful port.
On travel we keep meeting nice People again and again. It is as if the same people seem to be doing the same tours. On this place we have met already one nice couple from Wiesloch 2 from the italien part and other 2 from the Netherlands.
In Mazzaron we expect to see some travelers again we met this spring and last year.
I have to read more of what you wrote. I have to be quick, because all of a sudden the internet (WiFi) is gone.
Take care
Love Yoli
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf yoli vom 28.09.2015, 11:26:01
Hello @all,

Today´s real autumn weather. The last warm sunny day, the day of German Unitiy, we used for cycling. The leaves already bear her colorful dress.
I think Yoli is enjoying the sun. The rest of us have to resign ourselves to the cold and dark season.
Christmas cookies and decorations are already in the shops. It will sooner every year. That is no more fun.

Bukamary, did you already start in the ceramic course? Do you work there with a hub? I´ve previously modeled small clay figures and various containers without hub. Unfortunatly, the course doesn´t exist anymore. I had to drive very far when I would visit a new one. I almost gave everything away. I kept only few individual pieces. I wish you much joy and also a sense of achievement.

I wish all of you a nice weekend.

Greetings, Bärbel
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 08.10.2015, 14:01:05
I think it's at least my fourth try to insert a posting. Somehow somebody or something just kept me from doing it.

Hi Bärbel, Hello all of you reading here.

I can start the ceramic course any time. The course goes throughout the year with exception of the school holidays. I can join whenever I want to. As soon as I’m back from hospital (from the 19th Kt. for about 7 – 10 days) I'm intending to start again. Until now I haven't worked with a potter's wheel. The most work I had with a Stele, about 185cm high with 12 pieces. Between the 6 cylinders I alternately placed 2 balls, a mushroom, a shell , a hedgehog and on top I placed the mask of a “Fastnachtszunft”. I made it for someone and except of the balls the other four pieces have a lot to do with the person I made it for.

I made quite a few figures e.g. a turtle I named Emma, a bird bath. different bird feeders. and container as well . And every time I had some clay left I produced Mushrooms in several forms and sizes. Except oft the birth bath, a bird feeder and a few mushrooms I gave the most things away.

Looking out of my livingroom window it certainly looks very like autumn even though the weather wasn't too bad today. And yesterday we even had a very sunny afternoon with a wonderful blue sky and the beautiful couloring of the leaves. I wouldn't mind to have that sort of weather for the rest of autumn and winter.

And by the way Christmas begins for me with the Advent season, allthough I can hardly await to get my beloved “Lebkuchen”. To tell the truth I could eat them the whole year. But usually I don't care much about christmas.

Well all of you out there, have a nice time.
bukamary

Anzeige