Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.04.2021, 14:08:50
Hello @Yoli

When I look out one of the ten front windows of our house I see a busy road linking east and west of S-H. But no lawns. I can tell you that we also love dandelion flowers although they are not appreciated by eager gardeners. Beyond rthe busy road there is a field on which usually maize is planted which is used to feed the cattle. Before the farmer does the ploughing he soaks the soil with liquid fertilizer produced by his cows. What a stench!

We don´t have a balcony. Behind the house there is our garden. Actually yellow is the predominant colour. Lots of forsythia bushes.and daffodils. My wife loves to sit by the window and enjoy the sight. 

You are going to see an old lady high in her nineties. Is it true that she can still recite Goethe´s long poem "Die Glocke"? When I was younger, I loved such poems. 

Today we got a letter with a Swiss stamp on the envelop. The picture on the stamp shows Belinzona train station. The stamp cost 150. Does 150 mean Rappen, horses?

All the best to you. jacaré/Udo

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 10.04.2021, 18:17:04

VIRGINIA
you are a genius. Neither my husband or I knew the trick to increase and decrease letters., Thank you my dear.
xxx

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 16.04.2021, 16:44:45

Today we got a letter with a Swiss stamp on the envelop. The picture on the stamp shows Belinzona train station. The stamp cost 150. Does 150 mean Rappen 
Yes Udo  That would be 1 Franken and 50 Rappen.

An other poem she told me was Theodor.
It made me have wet eyes.
That old lady is 96 years old, yellow in the face and her eyes as well and nobody noticed in that nursing home. 
You should have heard me how I called out. Now there will be action!

It would be worth to find that poem Theodor. It is beautiful..and sad.

Ferdinand Avenarius
Theodor

At this stage dear Udo please give my love to your wife. It is dear if her to let you write to strange ladies here on the Computer...smile

Take care
Love Yoli

Anzeige

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.04.2021, 17:57:24

It's a helpful little trick. Glad to hear that you like it 😊.

💓
Virginia

pschroed
pschroed
Mitglied

geschrieben von pschroed
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.04.2021, 14:08:50

Dear Yoli.
I have really problems with the cold weather, it really annoys me, it just takes too long .
Today we had only eight degrees.  😟
We love also flowers , we plant every year geraniums and petunias in boxes.
Yesterday the farmer (Josy) brought eleven cows, now they are our neighbors until autumn.
Lupa greets the cows every year with a bark, then it's okay again.  😃  Phil.

IMG_0596.jpg

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied

Good morning everyone!

My cat throwed me out of my warm bed at half past 5. Too early for breakfast, too early for nearly everything 😞. 

I have learned a bit about aerosole. I didn't realize since that the very small particles, smaller than droplet infection, are so dangerous and can keep for weeks in the air of unventilated rooms, just like the sense of smoke after a cigarette.

My garden needs care, very necessarily really, but the weather is not inviting here as well. My feelings - about the garden - are very ambitious. On one hand I have learnt, from childhood on, not to let weeds grow, on the other hand they are so nice! My lawn is spread with violet, daysies and dandelions (they just start blooming) - how couId I cut them???😢 
 😢
I counted 8! blind worms in my compost heap - how could I dismantle it for my vegetables???😢

And big parts of my garden are anyway occupied (reigned really) by ants and voles 😢.

I really am an unfortunate old woman 😢.

Time for breakfast!

Don't take me too serious, have a nice weekend, and stay negative, will you?

Kirsty

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
@Phil, we used to have cows on our field outside of our back window. We loved them. Some neighbours though started top complain because they left some excrement on the path when they were being walked home to be milked.
The Farmer just had enough and put their cows at another place.
Now we have various vegetables also grains at times.
Just now they put potatoes in the ground. At the end of the season when they harvest we will be able to pick up the potatoes which went through the machine.
Yes Phil, it is cold and we have the nasty bise which goes through marrow and legs.  
I am sure your poor Luna does not like it either.

@Kirsty
I like they way you tend your garden J At one time I had a garden to tend too and I did enjoy the beautiful weeds and creepies in there a well.
Nice to read you here.
Some other place I wrote about a blackbird and I gardening. As I churned the earth the bird was there to pick up the worms when I found one. I just stopped she took her din din and waited for the next.
After a few years I noticed that the bird went grey around the mouth.
One year she was missing.
Naughty cat to wake you so early…hihi
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.04.2021, 11:37:45

@Kirsty
I like they way you tend your garden. At one time I had a garden to tend too and I did enjoy the beautiful weeds and creepies in there a well.
Nice to read you here.
Some other place I wrote about a blackbird and I gardening. As I churned the earth the bird was there to pick up the worms when I found one. I just stopped she took her din din and waited for the next.
After a few years I noticed that the bird went grey around the mouth.
One year she was missing.
Naughty cat to wake you so early…hihi
High, Yoli, in my garden it is a very naughty robin watching my work very closely. 😉

Mitglied_6d29e9d
Mitglied_6d29e9d
Mitglied

Hello and  a very pleasant day to everyone, especially to yoli, who explicitly asked me to take again part in this discussion.
Did you had a look to the funeral services of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and husband of the Queen?  You could hardly avoided  it whenever you switched the TV on. But he was a part of history and an interesting person. I found everything I saw very worthy and humble. And there was one photo that touched my heart ..

A British  Newspaper wrote: Not a drama, but a blockbuster of television history, the Royal family stood proud with dignity, her Majesty had the sympathy of the world on her shoulders.

pp.JPG
A humble gesture of an empty seat, his cap, a pair of gloves, a driving apron and a sugar cube pot to bring the most poignant resonance to the most magnificent and heartfelt celebration of one man's extraordinary life. ..

Serene and very moving ...

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Here you are @Woschi
Yes, I was sad when I heard of the death of Prince Philip. Odd, of course he can't live for ever. One just never expected it as he was on the brink of death a few times and always returned to his wife the Queen.  
In the press one always heard what a big help he has been to the Queen.
Yes the Funeral Service was dignified and just fitting for Prince Philip.
Nice to read you here as well Woschi!
Yes that picture you showed us fits so well and is a sign of love and respect.

Anzeige