Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 07.05.2020, 18:06:43

Here you are Udo

It looks as if you and Marlis are doing the right Thing. Getting out a bit and enjoying your garden. We live in a block of flats. Behind our house though we have nature pur!
We have trees and the farmers’ fields where they plant each year something different. This year it is wheat and rape.
From the rapeseeds we had a lot of blossom dust on the tables and chairs on the balcony. We just love to sit and look out. Also there are lots of red Kites (Rotmilane)
When they shout to each other it is creepy.
Does Marlis have problems with walking?
Just give her my regards please. All the very best to you and please take care.
Love Yoli

Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 13.04.2020, 16:08:37

Dear Yoli,

I know I’m late in writing and I do apologize! Somehow I just haven’t been feeling up to it.

I’ll try to catch up a bit: All the medical examinations went well, meaning they couldn’t find anything. Somehow I have the feeling that when you show your pensioner’s health card, you only receive 50% of the medical services.

I’m quite busy, but somehow (owing to my present state of mind 🙂) I seem to require the double length of time for everything. I am hoping that this state will change again. To quote a line from your Bing Crosby - A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court ... (with a slight adaptation 😄):

„I‘m busy doin' nothin'
Workin' the whole day through
Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
I'm busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime„

I have had some bad/strange experiences at the supermarket and I’m completely bushed when I get back home. And then I’m glad that I am back home. It is frustrating to see how many people refuse to wear a mask or keep their distance. But that is how the cookie crumbles!

I think I had mentioned a while back that my Canary Island dragon tree (Drachenbaum / Drazäne) had finally hit the cieling of my livingroom, meaning I had to do something. I went through several gardening articles/tutorials and they all said the same: my plans were not feasible for an amateur gardener. So I said what the heck …, if it fails, it fails. Shortly after Christmas I cut the top down from 2.75m to 1.50m and put it in water. It stood in water, leaning against the bookshelf, for 4 months and developed roots. Being curious, I cut the remaining part of the stem down and left it in the flower pot. It developed two shoots. Now I have two plants.Here are two pictures

Drazäne_Collage.JPG

20200502_133149 (2).jpg
Otherwise I’m quite in to creating memes. It’s fun and quite time-consuming 😂. I’m also reading a lot, eventough the IQ of my reading material has definitely dropped. I love to sit out on my balcony and read. However, the weather next week is supposed to be bad „die Eisheiligen“ with low temperatures, night frost and snow flurries.

How are you doing? Are you already making your next travel plans   - corona-permitting?

Take care!
Love,
Virginia

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Mothersday
My mother kept a garden
A garden of love
She planted all the good things,
That gave my life a start.
She turned me to the sunshine

And encouraged me to dream
Fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem.
And when the winds and rains came,
She protected me enough,
But not too much because she knew,
I need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
Always taught me right from wrong.
Markers for my pathway
That may last a lifetime long.
I am my mother’s garden
I am her legacy
And I hope today she feels the love
Reflected back from me.

Anzeige

jacare4
jacare4
Mitglied

geschrieben von jacare4
als Antwort auf yoli vom 10.05.2020, 13:29:56
Hello, dear Yoli,

Did you really compose those wonderful words in praise of your mother? I wish I could have found similar poetical lines for my mother who did so much for me. Now it´s too late. When she was pregnant with me it was the year when World War II began.. When I still was a tiny little baby I was severely ill. She had to find transportation to the clinic 13 kilometers away to bring me her milk to keep me alive. All through the difficult 1940 years she managed the big household, Food was scarce, however I can´t remember ever suffering from hunger. My father died very young, only 49 years old. So my miother was alone responsible for a big family, My brother, my sister, my grandfather, three elderly aunts, my cousin, and some more persons in the big house. Later, when I was 18 years old, .I left home  she found ways to finance my years at university. I cannot tell all she did for me. When I was young I did not realize how much I owe to her. 

Every May on Mother´s Day she got a big bouquet of white lilac. Now our children  send flowers for my wife and make phone calls to give her the feeling of being the most important person in their lives.

jacaré4/Udo

DSCN3528.JPG 
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf jacare4 vom 11.05.2020, 20:42:20

Never in my life have I thought thankfully of my mother as often as now, being old myself. And I regret not to have appreciated at time, how much she had done for me. Of course I was ordinarely thankful and so on, but I realize all of it only since she has gone. Well, I do try to keep all she used to love (her house and garden, which was all her success) And I keep a precious remembrance of her in my heart and in my children. 
This is a thoughtful Rosemarie

hellchen
hellchen
Mitglied

geschrieben von hellchen
als Antwort auf yoli vom 02.11.2019, 18:28:08
Hello you lovely English speaking and writing People

It seems to be a sleeping thread this English.
Must not be!
We could just tell each other THINGS.
For instance
Things I read, heard, talked about. There are many ideas that we could bring to paper ehhh screen.
I go into myself and think of something
if and when I notice that I am alone here.
Sunny greetings
Yoli

geschrieben von yoli

Anzeige

hellchen
hellchen
Mitglied

geschrieben von hellchen

My name is Hellchen. It is a rainy day. 

This morning I had an appointment with a doctor. People are wearing masks in different colours. I myself use to wear my scarf.

I looked around and I felt strange. In the past I read some "Science-Fictions" and now I have to learn: The situation is REAL. 

Back at home I went into this Forum. I am a member. Just to look up for somewhat to cheer up myself. 

Well, I like to use the English language. Have never learned it at school. But by writing letters .... 

Maybe there are some people who are interested to keep this forum alive.

Greetings,
Hellchen

Karl
Karl
Administrator

geschrieben von Karl
als Antwort auf hellchen vom 14.05.2020, 12:09:33

Dear @hellchen,

there are several people using this English language forum. As you can see, many topics do exist. Popular are also the English jokes.

Maybe you enjoy this one:

Karl
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Karl vom 14.05.2020, 12:35:47

Thanks a lot to Karl for all these scetches by Rowan Atkinson - he is really cute and I like his sort of humor. Well, when you watch more often he can get on your nerves. But anyway he lots of ideas.
Bye - Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf hellchen vom 14.05.2020, 12:09:33

Hellchen Dear,
that would be lovely to have you around as well. It does not Need a crowd. Just some a few of us who communicate with each other. Nobody looks if there are mistakes in it. We have no teacher here and are glad about that.
I would love it if.. for instance Virginia or Udo (Jacare4) or Rose or CharlotteSusan or others I have not got in my mind at the moment would pick up a conversation and join in.
For now I am tired and I want to go to bed..singeling..its a funny song!
Till tomorrow

Sweet dreams all of you
Love Yoli

Anzeige